Warning re "Interceptor Sport Utility Ammo"

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

mrtatohead

Re: Warning re "Interceptor Sport Utility Ammo"

Post by mrtatohead »

Yeah, you couldn't pay me to run that ammo again, if polycase wants it back to QC I'll send it to them, otherwise what I have left I'll pull apart and reload the brass.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i may have missed it - but have they offered to refund the cost of the ammo to you yet?
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
tfbit
Silent But Deadly

Post by tfbit »

Call me old school but bullets are supposed to be make out of lead and copper. 88gr of some injection molded crap, first being pushed out of a mag and over possibly sharp edges of a feed ramp, then out the barrel at 2550 FPS, sounds like some recipe for suppressor disaster.
No matter what you read on the intarweb CCI450s and CCI41s ARE NOT BALLISTICALLY IDENTICAL with H110! I'm also not a intarweb lawyer so I don't argue with anyone who is.
STINKEY
Silent Operator

Post by STINKEY »

Waaaaaallllllll Shucks........ :shock: :shock: ................. I just got some Polycase bullets because of the price and a nice talk with Polycase themselves. Sent me a pic of his boss taking a hog at 100 yds and the damage was impressive.
Fixn' to run some different charges thru my single shot (Chrono Testing) with from 19.3 to 18.4 of W296.

I always slow fire out of the AR and check in between each 3 shot pattern.
Will hold off on the AR platform testing for now.
I am brutally honest with myself when I do a "If it were to happen .. How and Why did it happen."
Problem resolution is the issue here and just hope you will share insights in the same fashion.
Can share what I learn at the range.
They are the SRR 88gr.
If they say it can't be done.... I have or at least thought about it....... 8)
STINKEY
Silent Operator

Post by STINKEY »

Without the can that ammo did not too bad. Was trying to establish a good powder drop for the accuracy. Did some chrono test and didn't have the sensitivity set high enough so no fps data. I didn't look at the can because it was hot and when cool just put it in the sock it came with.
I need to re-remember how to post pics cause it NICKED my can. :shock: :twisted: Not bad enough to put it out of commission but noticeable non the less. :x
SO.................. Once I check the 'fouling problem' and give them a good cleaning.... Probably not going to EVER shoot them with a can attached.
My single shot will be the gun of choice for any more of these.
I'll call the factory any way and see what they have to say.
Keep everyone posted.

John
If they say it can't be done.... I have or at least thought about it....... 8)