Mid America Munitons. Ozark Ordnance under a new name?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

leam

Re: Mid America Munitons. Ozark Ordnance under a new name?

Post by leam »

Also, just checked their site. They list 1825 as the muzzle velocity. My numbers came in close and four out of five were slightly higher. If it matters, I'm new to detailed measurement taking.

Sadly, guessing at the BC of the bullet suggests it's not a great round for 600 yards.
TeamMidAm

Post by TeamMidAm »

If you seriously want to go for 600 yards with your 300 Blackout, you have got to try a box of our 110gr Varmageddon rounds!

Tell you what, the first 5 people that email us with the subject line "300BLKTALK" will receive some sample rounds to test out! Only thing we ask is you post your reviews on this post.

email [email protected]
Subject "300BLKTALK"

and ready set go.... B)

https://www.facebook.com/midamericamunitions
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1
www.midamericamunitions.com
Like us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/midamericamunitions
Heliarc

Post by Heliarc »

TeamMidAm wrote:If you seriously want to go for 600 yards with your 300 Blackout, you have got to try a box of our 110gr Varmageddon rounds!

Tell you what, the first 5 people that email us with the subject line "300BLKTALK" will receive some sample rounds to test out! Only thing we ask is you post your reviews on this post.

email [email protected]
Subject "300BLKTALK"

and ready set go.... B)

https://www.facebook.com/midamericamunitions
I'll bite. Email sent.

Been looking at ordering some of these rounds from them for a while now and haven't due to funds.
Heliarc

Post by Heliarc »

Id just like to say that its been a week since I emailed them and have not heard back.
svh
Silent But Deadly

Post by svh »

I ordered 250, 208 A-Max subs back at the end of March ….. I got 250 boxed, A-max, but out of the 50 I shot over a couple day period, very few were subsonic. NOTE : I did not chrono any of them, but the supersonic "crack" was very apparent. They all seemed a little hot.

This is not my first rodeo, in the last couple years, I've shot over 2,000 subs, my own reloads, and factory offerings, and have a good idea what these are supposed to sound like.

Communication was excellent, and shipping was fast ….. In 3-4 days, I had them in my hands.

These were shot from an 9" AAC upper on a sig M-400 lower, with an Omega suppressor. I was shooting offhand at 50 yards, around 80 deg. ambient temp., at a 8" steel round, and was very pleased with the accuracy, as most of the hits were in the center of the gong. I have as yet punched any paper, but plan to shoot some groups through the chrono as soon as I'm caught up on my chores around the homestead. (Like that will ever happen !)

Overall, I'm pleased with the service and accuracy, but am a little disapointed with the subsonic qualitys of the mentioned rounds.

Would I purchase these particular rounds again ? Maybe, but not till I run some through the chrono.

Would I purchase some of their other offerings ? Yes ….. Solely based on the accuracy, communication, and fast shipping.
Cheech, my best friend of 16 years, RIP.
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
leam

Post by leam »

TeamMidAm wrote:If you seriously want to go for 600 yards with your 300 Blackout, you have got to try a box of our 110gr Varmageddon rounds!

email [email protected]
Subject "300BLKTALK"

and ready set go.... B)
Got an e-mail a couple days ago; asked that I call Bryan at MidAm. DId so, and had a good chat. Seems there was someone who used to work there that dropped the ball on this back in January. Bryan said they were trying to contact the half dozen or so folks who sent in e-mails and he was going to do what he could to fix this.

If you sent an e-mail on this and haven't heard back, give them a call and ask for Bryan.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I am picturing Shaq trying to dribble a basketball with no air in it.

In other words, dropped the ball would be pretty kind.

You don't come onto a forum and dangle a carrot in front of people and then not deliver. And why wouldn't they come on here with that info themselves. They do have an account.

Even if an honest mistake, who does that?
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
leam

Post by leam »

John A. wrote:I am picturing Shaq trying to dribble a basketball with no air in it.

You don't come onto a forum and dangle a carrot in front of people and then not deliver. And why wouldn't they come on here with that info themselves. They do have an account.

I know how you feel; it seems a poor way to do business. On the other hand, I've made mistakes and people have extended grace. I should do more of that. Grace, not mistakes. Don't need any help making mistakes...
leam

Post by leam »

leam wrote:
John A. wrote:I am picturing Shaq trying to dribble a basketball with no air in it.

I know how you feel; it seems a poor way to do business. On the other hand, I've made mistakes and people have extended grace. I should do more of that. Grace, not mistakes. Don't need any help making mistakes...
To push me to live by my words,I'm having difficulty with another company. Customer Service folks really messed up. While frustrating, I'm trying to get contact info for management to politely explain the issue. They may, or may not, care. Odds are they will since they have a fairly good reputation otherwise.
leam

Post by leam »

leam wrote:To push me to live by my words,I'm having difficulty with another company. Customer Service folks really messed up. While frustrating, I'm trying to get contact info for management to politely explain the issue. They may, or may not, care. Odds are they will since they have a fairly good reputation otherwise.
Working through the unrelated issues with the other company. Things are moving forward well.

On the "send some ammo", I have not heard back from them. Could be the holiday.