Mid America Munitons. Ozark Ordnance under a new name?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

C. Chaos
Silent Operator

Mid America Munitons. Ozark Ordnance under a new name?

Post by C. Chaos »

So yesterday in my email, I get this sale offer from a company called Mid America Munitions. I have never heard of them so I go to their website and check things out...they are from Southwest Missouri (same as where Ozark is from) and the bible verse quote at the bottom of the home page got me thinking...this sounds like Ozark under a new name.

http://www.midamericamunitions.com/

Does anyone know anything about these guys? They are offering pricing similar to what Ozark was selling their 300blk ammo for.

I know there are some guys on here that have gotten screwed on orders they still have not received from Ozark so you all may want to look into this Mid America company.
TeamMidAm

Re: Mid America Munitons. Ozark Ordnance under a new name?

Post by TeamMidAm »

Hi guys, my name is Jessica and I'm with Mid America Munitions. I wanted to take a minute to explain our situation to clear up any confusion. We are not Ozark Ordnance nor are we affiliated to them or their owners. We were looking for a large retail storefront in that area, and it only made sense to put our store where there was a previously established business. We purchased their property and equipment and our retail store will also be opened in a couple weeks. This can be looked up by using the MO State Gov Business Entity search and/or calling any local county organizations such as county clerk, chamber of commerce, Sheriff's Dept, etc..

We've heard many stories this past week and we completely understand people's opinions of that company. We hope you won't hold us guilty by association by purchasing their previous location and give our company a chance if you purchase your ammunition online. We currently have over 250,000 rounds packaged and ready for shipping. We will never have ammunition listed online that isn't ready to go out the door. Our shipping timeframe is 1-3 business days. We employ veterans who take great pride in what they do and the products they send out the door. If you have any further comments or questions, please feel free to call us 877-GOMIDAN
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1
www.midamericamunitions.com
Like us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/midamericamunitions
C. Chaos
Silent Operator

Post by C. Chaos »

Thank you for joining the forum and explaining the situation, Jessica. You must understand that many questions will be asked towards you guys as Mid America about Ozark.

I used to be an Ozark Ordnance customer...which is where you got my email from I must assume.

I had purchased hundreds of rounds from them until everything went South and all the cluster f%%@! started. I had no complaints with the exception of a handful of incorrectly sized cases and exploding primers. I do not reload so companies such as yourselves and Ozark is what makes it affordable for me to shoot 300blk. In stating this I hope you understand ones vetting inquires about you and your association with Ozark Ordnance. There are many people on this forum who are still waiting for orders from Ozark with no response from them at all. I am not one of these customers, but one problem I do have with businesses, is when one files bankruptcy or dissolves a company in order to just set up the same business under a different name and leave the previous customers out of avenues of pursuit to be made whole really gets to me.

If I may offer up a suggestion to you, openly, is...these customers that have been screwed out of their product after paying hundreds of dollars to Ozark...you should give them what they paid for at the very least give them a 50%+ discount. I understand that you guys are not Ozark, but helping some of these people out to be made whole would be an admirable thing to do and would the best marketing tactic for you guys coming into the market as a new company...just a suggestion to not engage hastily with some of these people that may contact you about their previous Ozark orders as offensive, but rather work with them diplomatic. Leave your ego out of it...and yes this can be discerned by the words your company types.

Is no one at all, and I mean not one person that use to be affiliated with Ozark Ordnance part your company?

Certainly you guys knew that a level of damage control on your behalf was going to be imminent...
TeamMidAm

Post by TeamMidAm »

With the amount of phone calls and emails we have received, we have vowed to stay on top of the situation until it is resolved. We have spoken with the local Sheriff's Dept and some others about what has taken place. We were also able to talk to the ozark owner last Friday and got some insight as to what is currently taking place. As of last Friday ozark starting issuing refunds in the form of check. We've have received approx 50-60 calls since Monday this week that people have started receiving their refunds. We hope this information is helpful and if there is anything else we can do to assist, please feel free to contact us.

To answer your question, yes we have brought back a few of their military veteran guys from their manufacturing area that was laid off earlier in the year. They are stand up honorable guys that deserve to be working in this industry. They did nothing wrong and what took place with ozark was completely out of their control.

Thank you for your time and consideration...
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1
TeamMidAm

Post by TeamMidAm »

pssst use coupon code "5off" and receive $5 off any orders over $100...
damonbrown

Post by damonbrown »

I am one of those that was told they would be receiving a refund check. I received the check, but it bounced! I have now been charged even more money as a result of this company.
turbokevin81

Post by turbokevin81 »

That is so messed up...
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

damonbrown wrote:I am one of those that was told they would be receiving a refund check. I received the check, but it bounced! I have now been charged even more money as a result of this company.
I think you meant to say that company. They are not the same company other than a few employees they kept on to, no doubt, help with the transition. That occurs all the time when businesses are sold and should not be an alarm to anyone if an employee stayed on with the new owners. And I will say they are doing the right thing by hiring veterans, they get far too little for the sacrifices that they have had to endure. I will support any company that supports veterans before I will go to one that does not.

The owners and management of Ozark are the ones you should be angry at and are the ones you should go after instead of trying to make a new company fail before they even have a chance to get started. Especially a company who is trying to bring more choices to the market. And as we all know as competition grows then either the cost shrinks or the quality increases as a means to remain competitive and that is a great thing for everyone. If they are the same old Ozark then it will become apparent rather quickly but sometimes a business that is failing can be turned into a great businesses with new owners. This isn't even that, it is a completely new business with new owners that bought out an old business and their equipment. Companies are sold to new owners all the time, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. If they are destined to fail then so be it but lets give them a fair chance first because they are NOT the same company.

Think about it. You stay at a hotel but when you go to leave they tell you that you owe a bill for something the previous occupant of the room did. Sounds pretty ridiculous except that is exactly the same scenario as holding Mid America Munitions accountable for what the previous occupant, Ozark Ordinance, did. You do have options, you can go after the owner directly and there are even law firms that will work pro pono on such a solid case. Even if he says he is penniless you can put liens on property owned as well as on any income tax return. I understand you are upset but Mid America Munitions did not do this to you, Ozark Ordinance did. It is not unheard of either, try to return an older Savage rifle for work. Savage Arms will politely refuse because they will not work on products made by the previous owner. No different than when DDI bought out WaffenWerkz. They also kept a lot of the equipment that WW used but are now producing a far superior product.

I say lets wait and watch them with scrutiny not normally seen but lets also not persecute a new business for being a failure before they have even failed. And if they are the same business that intentionally shut down to avoid paying its debts I am sure they can be held criminally accountable.

And before anyone screams I am biased, I have no affiliation with Mid America. Before this thread I had no idea who they were. I just want to say they before we decide to doom a new business to failure lets give them enough rope.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Mid America Munitions wrote:Blog Home
Categories
News
Recent Posts
To the previous customers of Ozark Ordnance
Archives
June 2017
To the previous customers of Ozark Ordnance
Posted by Team MidAm on 6/10/2017 to News
We would like to explain our situation to clear up any confusion. Mid America Munitions is not Ozark Ordnance nor are we affiliated with them or their owners. It's very simple, we purchased the property and equipment where they were previously located.

We've heard many stories and have received numerous phones calls and emails pertaining to Ozark Ordnance about unreceived product and/or refunds. We've also had some asking about their previous employees. Yes, we hired a few of their military veteran guys that were laid off at the beginning of the year. They are stand up honorable guys that take great pride in what they do and deserve to be doing what they love. At the bottom of this article is contact information for Ozark Ordnance, as well as local and states authorities that are involved in the matter.

We hope you won't hold us guilty by association for being in their previous location and will give us a chance to earn your business. We will never have ammunition listed and available on our website that isn't ready to ship. Our shipping time frame is listed as 1-3 business days, however in most cases if an order is placed before 3PM CST, it will ship same day.

We appreciate you taking the time to read this article and we sincerely hope we have an opportunity to earn your business.

-Team MidAm

Ozark Ordnance
[email protected]
[email protected]

Newton County MO Sheriff's Dept.
http://www.nc-so.org
(417)451-8300

MO Attorney General
https://ago.mo.gov/civil-division/consu ... complaints
(800)392-8222
(573)751-8810
http://www.midamericamunitions.com/To-t ... e_b_2.html
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
scott_tx

Post by scott_tx »

soooo... anyone been brave enough to try an order?