new member first post

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

oldfart68

new member first post

Post by oldfart68 »

my first post: we just finished rounding out our mini collection with a mini14 - 300blk. It arrived on Tuesday and we will wring her out on Saturday along with our mini 14-223 which was at ruger for some much needed repairs. Really looking forward to it. I will be reloading for it beginning the next week. I am really looking forward to this almost as much as shooting.
Best Regards from THE oldfart

A gun is like a parachute, if you need it and don't have it, you probably will never need it again.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: new member first post

Post by rebel »

Welcome sir. Enjoy yourself and the wonderful collection of knowledge on this forum!
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

welcome from michigan

cant wait for the range report
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
oldfart68

Re: new member first post (follow-up)

Post by oldfart68 »

oldfart68 wrote:my first post: we just finished rounding out our mini collection with a mini14 - 300blk. It arrived on Tuesday and we will wring her out on Saturday along with our mini 14-223 which was at ruger for some much needed repairs. Really looking forward to it. I will be reloading for it beginning the next week. I am really looking forward to this almost as much as shooting.
Was not so enthused with the 150gr bullets, so switched to Sierra 125gr. great groups out of our mini14 (a shade under 2" at 100 yards.) She is still a little stiff, we only have 125 rounds through her, so I am hoping to cook up some good loads.
Best Regards from THE oldfart

A gun is like a parachute, if you need it and don't have it, you probably will never need it again.
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

welcome from Fla.
I also have a Mini 14 in 300 BLK. (and a couple in 5.56) while I mostly shoot and hunt with 125gr bullets, my Mini groups 147 & 150 bullets good. Mine is a couple years old now. I wonder if there could be any difference in the new v.s. the old barrels?
peace through superior firepower
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

Welcome, I handload everything I shoot besides 22lr. 300blkout has taught me more then the other calibers combined.

A bit of advice, use 110gr-125gr super loads instead of the middle weight .30cal bullets, youll get better perfomance all around. If your looking for plinking rounds with benefits buy a 500rnd box of Speer 125gr tnt at under .20 cents a bullet. These expand well and are accurate in a number of rifles and pistols I have tested them in.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
Gman2017

Post by Gman2017 »

Welcome to the forum.
pruhdlr
Silent But Deadly

Post by pruhdlr »

Welcome to the forum sir.
I also have a Mini-14 chambered in 300BLK. I have a Redfield 2-7X33 Accurange scope on it.
I would agree with the above post re. which bullets to load/shoot. Would reccomend that you stay >131gr for hunting. The Barnes 110gr TAC-TX (#30321) works great in the Mini,my Handi Rifle,and my RARR. My RARR will shoot them into 5 shot groups of <.350" at 50yds.
My Mini will also shoot subs fairly accurately. Specifically,the GemTec 187gr load. --- SAWMAN
Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
STONER 63A / XM177E2
AggieJim
Silent Operator

Post by AggieJim »

Howdy!!!!!!