My MCX integrally suppressed SBR build

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

GIGANTORE

My MCX integrally suppressed SBR build

Post by GIGANTORE »

So I started out with a 16" barrel 300blk carbine. Bought it and a Liberty Mystic X at the same time. Sent trust and payment for forms 3 & 4. Bought a 9.5" 300blk, 16" 5.56 and 11.5" 5.56 barrels. Went with a Geissele SSA trigger, POF roller cam pin, Lancer 18" CF hand guard, Safety Harbour stock, BCM mod 3 grip, etc. I'm waiting for Vortex to release the optic. Should be any day now.

GIGANTORE

Re: My MCX integrally suppressed SBR build

Post by GIGANTORE »

I just received my suppressor width hand guard from SIG. Trying to decide which one I like better.

Opinions?

RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

Welcome to the forum! That is one spiffy looking setup for sure. How well dose the carbon fiber hand guard insulate from barrel/suppressor heat? As far as hand guard length I like the shorter one. More mp5sd looking ya know.
Also how is the build quality on your MCX? I keep looking at buying one. However my last two Sig USA made guns had lots of problems.

R
GIGANTORE

Post by GIGANTORE »

RAINS wrote:Welcome to the forum! That is one spiffy looking setup for sure. How well dose the carbon fiber hand guard insulate from barrel/suppressor heat? As far as hand guard length I like the shorter one. More mp5sd looking ya know.
Also how is the build quality on your MCX? I keep looking at buying one. However my last two Sig USA made guns had lots of problems.

R
Thanks. I haven't gotten it hot enough to know how the CF does with heat. I'm leaning toward the shorter one as well.
The build quality of the MCX is excellent. The only issue is the bcg upgrade/recall. I didn't have any issues, but sent it in anyway. Compared to other ARs I've handled, it's lighter. With the can it's 6.1lbs. The short stroke design and smooth action make it very manageable. Shooting subs is a lot of fun. All you can hear is the action moving.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Since you're asking opinions, I like the shorter handguard personally.

Sounds like a nice shooter.

Are you going to buy commercial ammo, or are you wanting to load your own and see just how quiet you can get it?
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
GIGANTORE

Post by GIGANTORE »

John A. wrote:Since you're asking opinions, I like the shorter handguard personally.

Sounds like a nice shooter.

Are you going to buy commercial ammo, or are you wanting to load your own and see just how quiet you can get it?
Yeah, I'm asking opinions because I want to make sure my view isn't off due to being too close to it. I was hoping the CF guard would have been shorter. Sometimes you don't know until you put things together. I'm not planning to load my own ammo. It's plenty quiet running commercial subs. I'll run the 11.5" or 16" 5.56 barrels if I want to burn up ammo at the range or training.
Walkers Bay
Silent But Deadly

Post by Walkers Bay »

I really like the longer carbon fiber hand guard, i might have to import one of those.
However its up to you. Both looks are really nice.
GIGANTORE

Post by GIGANTORE »

Walkers Bay wrote:I really like the longer carbon fiber hand guard, i might have to import one of those.
I like the long one too. But it's about 1/2" too long. And it's very wide. Which really adds to the overall weight of the rifle. I'm probably just going to send the long one (18") back to Lancer and get the 12" version.
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

Another vote for the shorter handguard.
Walkers Bay
Silent But Deadly

Post by Walkers Bay »

GIGANTORE wrote:
Walkers Bay wrote:I really like the longer carbon fiber hand guard, i might have to import one of those.
I like the long one too. But it's about 1/2" too long. And it's very wide. Which really adds to the overall weight of the rifle. I'm probably just going to send the long one (18") back to Lancer and get the 12" version.

I kind of liked that futuristic look of the shape and over length.
Have you talked to anyone about shaving that 1/2inch off.
It is just Carbon fiber so it cuts fairly easily.