CVA V2 Pistol

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gunguy
Senior Silent Operator

CVA V2 Pistol

Post by gunguy »

I'm in the process of picking up one of the CVA pistols chambered in 300BLK, there's not much info out on these. Have any of you guys shot one or even better made one an SBR? I have a handi rifle, but I like how compact this pistol is, and the trigger is flat out AMAZING! I'm not sure how accurate it's going to be, but the barrel looks quality. Another question I have for you guys that one one, what optics? Red dot of low magnification? I'm thinking I may make this pistol a Sub-Sonic only and my Handi for supers. Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated.
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Re: CVA V2 Pistol

Post by steven11b »

I have one of these and its currently outfitted with a fast fire 3 red dot. Its a very fun little gun with supers and subs. The gun has some weight to it and it manages supers well. The recoil is more of a push backwards then muzzle flip.

I have shot it a decent amount and with a simple rest I can shoot what I would consider good groups for a pistol. I have been practicing with it out to 100yards freehand for coyote hunting in the near future.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
gunguy
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gunguy »

Cool, that's what I was hoping for. Thanks for the reply.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

100yrds with a T/C 2.5-7x EER scope.

From left to right:

180gr Remington Core-Lokt over 5.5gr BE-86
180gr Sierra Spitzer Boat Tail over 5.5gr BE-86
180gr Hornady Spire Point over 5.5gr BE-86

It also likes 150gr Core-Lokt and Sierra bullets over 5.0gr of BE-86. I only shoot subs, so I can't comment on supers.

You won't be disappointed.
gunguy
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gunguy »

I'm thinking about sbr'ing my cva pistol. Does anybody know if the stock from the scout rifle fits the pistol? Mines a great shooter, the trigger is excellent.
Full.Lead.Taco

Post by Full.Lead.Taco »

I'm not sure about the rifle stock fitting on a pistol, but I think it would work. It would be nice if one of the rifle owners could pull their stock and take a picture. Then you could pull the grips and compare. I would think CVA would use the same receiver for simplicity's sake. As far as those pistol shooting... Mine shoots great, and it is loads of fun. It works great for the kids with light subs and a red dot. Here is a short video of making the lightweight subs and then shooting them in the pistol suppressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6I6ZLql5XQ
I love guns, tacos, and lead. I use the guns. The guns eat lead. And I eat tacos. I make videos about the first 2 things.
https://www.youtube.com/c/fullleadtaco
gunguy
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gunguy »

The rifle stock does not fit the pistol, the holes won't line up.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

gunguy wrote:I'm thinking about sbr'ing my cva pistol. Does anybody know if the stock from the scout rifle fits the pistol? Mines a great shooter, the trigger is excellent.
SBR an Encore frame. That way you can use different barrels.
DutchV
Silent But Deadly

Post by DutchV »

golfindia wrote:
gunguy wrote:I'm thinking about sbr'ing my cva pistol. Does anybody know if the stock from the scout rifle fits the pistol? Mines a great shooter, the trigger is excellent.
SBR an Encore frame. That way you can use different barrels.

You will also get an excellent trigger with the Thompson.

I'm somewhat concerned that CVA has discontinued a lot of their models recently, including the pistols. And they are imported, so parts may be an issue. Nothing wrong with them, but if I'm paying for a tax stamp, Thompson Center would get the nod.
Making the bad man go away since 1982.
Full.Lead.Taco

Post by Full.Lead.Taco »

I have a few encores and they are nice. I SBR'd one of them so I can use any combination of barrel & grips/stocks that I want.
I love guns, tacos, and lead. I use the guns. The guns eat lead. And I eat tacos. I make videos about the first 2 things.
https://www.youtube.com/c/fullleadtaco