CVA V2 Pistol

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

triggerman300
Senior Silent Operator

Re: CVA V2 Pistol

Post by triggerman300 »

I think they have Bergara barrels. My Scout rifle is a tack driver and I love to shoot it. Have yet to kill a deer with it,maybe this year.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

DutchV wrote:

You will also get an excellent trigger with the Thompson.
This is an understatement. TC triggers are pretty good out of the box, but with a spring swap and a little lapping. They are really phenomenal. My prohunter is like glass and right at 1.5lbs.
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Almost pulled the CC trigger last night on a TC contender. That and a 300 BO and 44 mag barrel. Backed off though. Want to order my can for my BO pistol I just built first. You folks with a contender and 300 BO barrel. Worth it? (Didn’t mean to hyjack your thread).
Huntfishguy

Post by Huntfishguy »

[img] I took delivery of my scout V2 Pistol last Friday. I have always used a 44 m629 for whitetail but decided some time ago I wanted one of these now discontinued CVA V2 Scouts. I was impressed with what I got for $300. I topped it off with an inexpensive Bushnell Trophy series 2-6 variable LER scope using Millett windage adjustable rings. I also had an extra A2 birdcage flash hider and threaded in onto the barrel. The trigger breaks clean at around 3.25 lbs. I took it to the range and did the sight in with some surplus reman to get it on paper at 50 yards. I then used some PPU 125 grain and the groups from the bench were totally acceptable 2-3 inches. This was using 2 sandbags and cheap ammo. I then moved to Winchester deer season xp 150 grain. At 100 yards the pistol put most shots on a 6” shoot-n-see target. I am sure from a rest and a good selection of premium factory or handloads the groups would shrink. Realistically I don’t take deer at 100 yards. I try to keep them 75 or less. If anyone is interested in this pistol, Gunbroker still has 41 of them left for $299.99. If I figure out how to post a pic i will.
Flightmurse

Post by Flightmurse »

I just picked up one of the recent batches of this on gunbroker and it’s at my FFL waiting for me. Planning on using it for mostly light subsonic loads. I ordered a brace adapter from farrow tech, but I haven’t found any reviews on this adapter. If it works well I’ll keep it as a pistol with a brace on it, if not I’ll sbr it and make the rifle stock work. I had given up on finding one of the V2 pistols and bought an encore to buy a MGM barrel for, and this thing is 150 dollars cheaper than the barrel for the encore! I hope it shoots well.
golferjw1

Post by golferjw1 »

I was considering going the same route. Flightmurse do you have an update on the brace?
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

golferjw1 wrote:I was considering going the same route. Flightmurse do you have an update on the brace?
I'm not flightmurse but recently bought a CVA pistol and the brace adapter from Farrow Tech. Paired it with the SBA3 brace and love it.

As for the adapter, it very obvious that it's 3D printed. It's a hard plastic (ABS?) with fairly prominent printing lines. I didn't care for the feel so much, so sanded it down and sprayed on a rubberized coating. Now it looks and feels much better. Other than that, it does exactly what it's designed to do and I would buy it again. If you go this route, be very careful screwing in the buffer tube. I found it difficult to start the tube into the adapter without cross threading. If you're not paying attention and applying some force, it probably would be easy to mess up the threads.