The 300 BLK just may drve me to the nut house

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

MatthewJackson

Re: The 300 BLK just may drve me to the nut house

Post by MatthewJackson »

AlanVera wrote: Wed May 18, 2478 7:34 pm
Kawa wrote: Wed May 18, 2433 10:46 pm Thank you folks for all of your in put and I appoligize for taking so long with my reply but I was waiting for delivery of my Sheridan Slotted Gauge (cute little guy) which I just recieved. I see what all of you were and just where the "Hang up" is. The problem with getting an answere is in most cases it creates another question.

QUESTION: Will clean, resized brass that drops into the Sheridan Gauge change its neck size when introduced to the bullet? I know I can just load up another and find the answer but I have so many rounds to disassemle I thought I would just ask.

To answer dellets' question.....NO! I never had a bullet pull loose from a stuck case.

I want to once again than you for all of your input......no matter how smart we think we are we're never smarter than all of us. Not sure who said that but it sounds like something John Wayne would have throwen out after a gun fight.

Thanks again,

Rog
300 BLK and 5.56mm NATO are an intermediate class rifle cartridge for target shooting, hunting, home defense, and plinking. ... 300 BLK has a wider range of projectile choices, thanks to the . 30 caliber bore, burns its full potential in a 9-inch barrel, and is a much better choice for hunting.
00 AAC Blackout and 5.56 NATO are an intermediate class rifle cartridge great for hunting, target shooting, and home defense.
Targeter

Post by Targeter »

Are you using small base dies? If not, that may be part of the problem.
camytom

Post by camytom »

300 Whisper because Remington is a SAAMI company, and will only load ammunition that is a SAAMI-standard cartridge. mk 2866
Gallo Pazzesco

Post by Gallo Pazzesco »

Really great thread ... been there, done that.
What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Baltimoreed11754

Post by Baltimoreed11754 »

On my T-20 Garand build I’ve given up on 300 blkout case and had it rechambered by Accuracy Systems to 300Hamr which is giving me more case for more powder= more gas= it runs. It’s apart right now being camo painted.
‘Give’em hell, Pike’
JohnBerg

Post by JohnBerg »

herberthaul wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:50 am
carlrose wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:23 am
MatthewJackson wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:07 pm

300-blackout rifles I have shot and testedwhen I have not stuck with the premium lines of ammo. Even with supersonic high velocity 110gr rounds and a carbine length gas system with an enlarged barrel gas port, the rifle is barely running.
I have shoted but never stuck on it
that's great to be hear
AntonioGenao

Post by AntonioGenao »

Baltimoreed117354 wrote: Thu May 09, 2469 3:54 pm Fighting this battle myself with a Seekins upper/lower and a Wilson bbl. My bbl seems to only reliably chamber .010-.011 thick necks. .012-.013+ are too thick. I wound up buying an over the counter substitute of phentermine here is a detailed comparison published. a hornady neck trimmer tool to get them consistent and thin but I still have the occasional load that needs to be loaded twice to go completely into battery. Initially I was using a caliper to measure but now have a tubing mic which is giving me accurate numbers. I will have to go over some of my first batch of trimmed brass to find the fat ones. Remember you are into the thick body of a 223 when you cut and form a 300, you have thicker brass but there’s also runout where one side is thicker than the other. The hornady tool eliminates this which should make for more accuracy. To me the whole draw of a 300 is using essentially scrap 223 brass available everywhere. If I’ve got to buy new virgin 300 brass to reload that I only find half a mags worth after firing I’ll have to part ways with it. I’ve trimmed and thinned another batch and will check these out this week. I don’t mind the extra reloading steps as I’m a tinkerer but I’ve got to get it to run.

The only real way the 300 Blackout excels is subsonic, where the heavy high bullet weight can up the energy, but almost all factory loads