Savage PCS 300 BO

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Savage PCS 300 BO

Post by bearcatrp »

Figured I start a new thread. Anyone buy one of these? If so, any issues? Mine comes in tomorrow. Plan is to put my sandman s and shoot subs.
moto vita

Re: Savage PCS 300 BO

Post by moto vita »

I haven't given up on the idea but it's on a back burner. What would restart my interest is a short magazine.
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Got my PCS 300 BO to the range to break in yesterday. Shot indoor range, max 25 years. Shot my 110 V-Max reloads. After 5 rounds. pretty much cloverleaf on the rest. Can't wait to hit a 100 yard range. The good: so far, great shooter. The bad: the PCS does has some weight. Might go red dot to reduce weight but my sandman s will add weight to it. The magazine SUCKS! Typical Savage magazine crap. Have to research/try other magazines for it. With a left hand bolt, it takes a little to get used to it but right handed folks won't have to remove there trigger hand to load another round. For the price, I think its worth it.
BJK
Silent But Deadly

Post by BJK »

I just read a review of the PCS and thought, "Hey, that sounds pretty good.". FWIW a right handed pistol, or subgun should have a lefty bolt or charging handle and seeing that they got that right had me read the article. But reading about the rough bore makes it a non starter. I'd want it in 300BLK shooting coated bullets.

Looks like the only affordable option for a manual action for me is a barrel for the Contender or Encore.

I did run across this the other day, but I'm not made of money. Yeah, I can look but that's it. Size, weight, and sound are all right, the price isn't (for me).
https://youtu.be/RRl2jB6QVVs

It makes the other expensive options look positively attractive. Yeah, they're not going to happen either.
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Went to the range today to see how well my PCS shot the 190 subs at 100 yards. Wow, accurate! Using my sandman-s, pretty much zero recoil. Love this pistol.