Remington 700 Custom

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Bjmiller1

Remington 700 Custom

Post by Bjmiller1 »

Hello all.
New to the forum. Have been a Blackout enthusiast almost since it’s inception. I have had and ran several ARs. Usually with 7-8” barrels. Had lots of fun shooting suppressed and would routinely shoot out to 300 yards with only an Eotech.
Two years ago I got into shooting .22lr at longer ranges out to 400yds. I have found .22 to be fairly inconsistent at those ranges even with the best gear and ammo possible. I came up with idea to build a BO bolt action that I could shoot subsonic at longer ranges and have a little more consistency. Preliminary ballistics modeling seemed promising. So I started the build. It is as follows-
Virgin Remington 700 action sent to Douglas to get a barrel. The barrel is a 16” (didn’t want to SBR it) 1:7 twist straight contour.
It sets in a KRG Bravo chassis. Leupold 20 moa rail. The new Arken EP5. I have some KRG branded Accurate Mag AICS magazines. Currently having some feeding issues. Like always, I didn’t do my due diligence but found out later that the BO round has some difficulties with AICS mags. I hope to get that resolved soon though. I just wanted to introduce myself and post updates of my experience with this build along the way. My goal is 500yds accurately. 750ish if I keep my fingers crossed. I’ll post a pic as soon as I figure out how.
Bjmiller1

Re: Remington 700 Custom

Post by Bjmiller1 »

Someone is gonna have to give me the rundown on how to post a pic of they want to see it.
Suputin221
Silent But Deadly

Re: Remington 700 Custom

Post by Suputin221 »

I have had similar problems with my Rem 700 custom.

I've tried to run the OEM magazine and an AICS mag, with similar results. The round tends to nose in to the back end of the barrel.

As I do not want to run a chassis or extended magazine, my plan is to 3D print a custom magazine insert to convert the internal Rem 700 magazine to a single feed system. Then I can alter the feed position of the rounds to the front or back of the magazine and/or add a feed ramp to the front edge of the magazine. This will all use the OEM flat magazine spring.

If you want an idea of what I am thinking of, have a look at the 9mm Endomag.