Boyd’s stocks

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Boyd’s stocks

Post by cwlongshot »

I have had three of them. First was many moons ago and was fine zero issues.

Second was last year. MANY problems. Warping was biggest. I decided to overhaul it and so far (about 6mo or so) it’s fine. Shot well always shot well. With this revamp I chopped heck outta it sliming it down and shaving over a pound off. I also pillar bedded and glasses the tang. The gun really shoots well, But the barrel channel if FUGLY!

I’m wanting to work again with my RARR. It’s not gonna be a deer hunter so it’s super short stock isnt needed or actually wanted. But it’s 16” Bbl makes a reg stock look funny.

I just pulled the factory base off cleaned the holes and re mounted a set of Leupold Dual Dovetail bases in Red loc tite. Set rings to alignment on greased dovetails and installed a Redfield Widefield 6x scope.

Has any of you guys seen this “SPIKE CAMP” stock? Looks like it might fit my needs.

My RARR is a early gun and has the rotary magazine. (Never any issues)

I wanted a MagPul but for all the magazine issues I’ll pass...

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Re: Boyd’s stocks

Post by cwlongshot »

Well,

Stock ordered and email received for shipment. Looks like no corona slow downs in South Dakota...

Not a single person has had a Boyd’s stock???

CW

BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

Hey CW,

I’ve got the somewhat obligatory All black Tacticool on my Savage MK II FV-SR. Not bad to start with, but a lot of sanding on the barrel channel got it nice and free floated and it shoots lights out now.

I never have gotten hands on a Spike Camp stock. It does look kind of nice. I have a RARR in 300blk also and hate the stock stock. I’ve been thinking about reinforcing it with stiffening rods in the fore end, but haven’t ruled out a Boyd’s. Post up some pictures when you get it, I’m looking forward to seeing the finished product.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

Will do!!

I don’t have any hate for the factory. Yea it’s a lil flimsy and yea it comes close to touching on one side... it it shoots so darn well all can be forgiven!!

I have some brass tube and will pillar bed. I also got steel bedding blocks and trigger and front “button” all in steel coming too. I’ll pillar then epoxy bedding blocks and lastly bed the tang in.

Hopefully it’s better than the last Boyd’s. ;) I’ll be sure to fully seal everything this time. My “tactical kool” Boyd’s I bought last year was not so much fun. I’m hoping this line is better.

I have one or three more that could use sticks too. We see how well this one goes.

I’ll be sure to post up.

CW

cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

My stock shipped Saturday from SD! With a bit of luck It will be waiting for me Thursday!

That should give time for bedding the recoil lugs and shooting this coming weekend.

CW

Nyhkolasfrost13

Post by Nyhkolasfrost13 »

https://i.imgur.com/JwqDNZx.jpg

This is not a great picture, but here is my new Spike Camp Stock for my RARR in Shady Camo. Took me a couple of nights to get it in while working with the stock and constantly fitting and refitting. The main issue I had was removing material on the side where the safety actuates and getting the front lug bolt in. For had to remove material on the left side to make sure it free floated nicely, but I am very happy with how it came out. Still need to take it out and shoot and and get some good pics.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

Nyhkolasfrost13,

Welcome to our happy little forum, and thanks for posting up the picture. It sounds like you did some meticulous work on the fitting. I hope it shoots well for you, keep us posted.
Nyhkolasfrost13

https://imgur.com/a/owMm1QJ

Will most definitely keep everyone posted. Was able to get outside before the storm last night and get some pretty decent photos with the new stock. Was testing bringing the rifle up and now everytime I am right on point with the scope. And with the 20 round metal mags it looks almost as good as my friends 7.62x39 RARR with the Mini 30 Mags.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

Damn man, stop posting pictures of that Sweet looking rifle! Now I have to go and buy a Boyd’s stock like that for mine, lol

Seriously, you chose a really nice looking stock and have dressed the rifle nicely.
Nyhkolasfrost13

BlogSarge wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:15 pm Damn man, stop posting pictures of that Sweet looking rifle! Now I have to go and buy a Boyd’s stock like that for mine, lol

Seriously, you chose a really nice looking stock and have dressed the rifle nicely.
Haha Thanks, hopefully I will get it out to the range this weekend and put some rounds down range. But I doubt it since my wife has to work and I will be on kid duty.