Frustrated with my CZ 527!!!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

brentwinkey

Re: Frustrated with my CZ 527!!!

Post by brentwinkey »

Hey sorry got out of forum chatting for a while. My 527 shoots most everything good. I haven't really touched it in a while...still cycles bad tho. Gonna try some jacketed more pointed bullets. I just put together a 300blk ar pistol so I'm driving into reloading for that. How is your 527 treating you? Thanks Brent
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Mine kills stuff.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
robert1408

Post by robert1408 »

My 527 has been mostly ok. Accuracy is good, .75 moa with good reloads. The magazines are a little hard to load but the feeding is fine except with blunt nose bullets. Mine has the bolt bind but I'm used to pushing the bolt with my thumb so I don't see it as a problem anymore. It does have one of the warped stocks that the fore end bends to the left. I just put folded paper in the right channel when the gun is stored and remove it to go shooting. The stock takes a few days to slowly bend back to the left.
Greenmoustache

Post by Greenmoustache »

I love mine with the exception of the magazines. They are an absolute PITA to load and create a ton of resistance when chambering a round. It’s gotten better as I started using one exclusively and it seemed to “break in” some. I still wish there was an aftermarket option though.

Loading and chambering single rounds is no problem at all from long poly tipped rounds like Hornady to 110 HP Sierra’s. My bolt is buttery smooth so I can’t complain there.

Accuracy is also great and I think the gun has fantastic fit/finish. CZ bolt guns are still probably my favorite with my second favorite being my Ruger Hawkeye LRT in 6.5 Creedmoor.
300black
Silent Operator

Post by 300black »

My new 300 BO Ruger American Ranch Rifle wouldn't load either. I sent it in and when it came back they had re-barreled it. It works so smooth now and feeds everything from light target loads to heavy deer hunting loads. Couldn't be happier.

Maybe send yours in.