Ruger American Blackout Magazine

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ReadyAimDuck
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ruger American Blackout Magazine

Post by ReadyAimDuck »

Can't help with the plastic magazines, but to address the OP's comment about cutting down steel magazines: I have been using the 5 round magazines from ASC and they're working just fine.
TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

Post by TRshootem »

I bought the RARR first in .223,followed by the 300 BLK version. The rotary mags work just fine for the .223, some flat nosed 300 BLK bullets will feed with a bit of stutter. The Ruger American platform in most all calibers has been a darn good rifle for the money.
triehl27
Silent Operator

Post by triehl27 »

PMags are EASILY reduced. Jump on Magpul or any Magpul supplier and order the -5 insert. Lancer Mags also has a -5 insert.

I am restricted to 5 rounds at our range, and use the Pmag 10 with a -5 insert OR the Lancer 10 with a -5 insert

Here in Wa if I want to hunt deer it has to have a 5 round mag.
moto vita

Post by moto vita »

triehl27 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:11 am PMags are EASILY reduced. Jump on Magpul or any Magpul supplier and order the -5 insert. Lancer Mags also has a -5 insert.

I am restricted to 5 rounds at our range, and use the Pmag 10 with a -5 insert OR the Lancer 10 with a -5 insert

Here in Wa if I want to hunt deer it has to have a 5 round mag.
I've never heard of a range with a 5 round limitation, how do they handle pistols? I'm in Spokane.
havoc_squad

Post by havoc_squad »

I'm all for extra options when it is a feasible option that companies will actually make.

However, I have the Ruger American ranch and have hunted in some thick areas with a different gun with an extruded box magazine. I think OP you are making the matter a bigger issue than it really is.

If someone makes a shorter version AR15 magazine that works good enough for the OP great, however... If you OP are determined to make it a full flush magazine rifle, I think you're going at it the wrong direction and throwing money at the issue instead of changing directions.

At that point, you would be better off considering buying this Savage bolt action rifle linked below:

https://www.savagearms.com/content?p=fi ... ry&s=18819
JosephDavidsona

Post by JosephDavidsona »

I agree that cutting down a steel magazine could be an option worth exploring, but I'm not sure how easy that would be. I would recommend checking out Mid City Gun Shop. They have a wide selection of magazines and firearms accessories. They might have some suggestions for you.As for the suggestion of buying a Savage bolt action rifle, linked below, a bolt action rifle could be a great option for hunting in thick areas and would not have to worry about magazine length. The 45-70 brass (https://midcitygunshop.com/product/45-70-brass-in-stock) might be a good match for the Savage rifle.