Uintah Precision Break in/Sight in

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Remote

Uintah Precision Break in/Sight in

Post by Remote »

The never ending wind was mostly not blowing this morning, so I took the new rig to the south 40 for a break in session.

Weaon:
Uintah Precision UP-15 Bolt 10.5" 1/8 upper on a PSA pistol lower with, Velocity #3 drop in trigger, Leupold VX-3 3-9 scope, Magpul 10 round PMAGS, Sico Hybrid on a YHM flash-hider mount 30 Cal end cap

Shooting conditions:
8750 feet ASL
Temp 45F-59F
Light breeze with an occasional gust to 5mph
Range to target: 60 Yards.
Ammunition: Factory Magtech 123 FMJ 30 Rounds, Factory S&B 200 Grain Subsonic 200 Grain FMJ 82 rounds.
Shooting position: tripod (First time with this device, It is nice but not bench rest stable).

Initial Impressions and notes:

The Velocity trigger has a very nice clean single break at what appears to be the advertised setting.
All rounds fed perfectly in a very smooth, consistent manner.
No failures to feed or fire.
The Magtech Ammunition threw a lot of flyers. It had a best 3 shot group of .75@ 60 yards. Most groups had a 1-1-/2" flyer dispersed randomly. I gave up after 30 rounds.
The S&B was more consistent group wise. Best Group of 3 was .75 Best Group of 5 was 1.24 with 2 flyers and three round touching.
The weapon cleaned up nicely and had almost zero copper fouling after 112 rounds.
The S&B subsonic did have 4 rounds of the 82 fired that appeared to be way overcharged. I thought I had a baffle strikes they were so noticeably louder. The grouping POI was not changed with these 4 rounds though.
No signs of over pressure or brass damage what so ever

Conclusions:

I need to break out the chrono. I had it with me, but, was concerned about the wind coming up and blowing it over. The S&B was a blast to shoot (especially at steel) but the apparent overcharged rounds are concerning.
I need to shoot this off a bench as this was the first time with a tripod and It was very nice, but not quite as good as a bench rest.
The weapon is a keeper with a lot of potential with the right ammunition. Somewhere, in a UPS Truck, is an order of Barnes 120 grain TAC-TX, and Hornady 190 Sub EX bullets on it's way to experiment with. 8)

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... 130418.jpg

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... 103646.jpg
Nyhkolasfrost13

Re: Uintah Precision Break in/Sight in

Post by Nyhkolasfrost13 »

At first I was like... That's not a bolt action! Then I actually looked at the photo and was proven wrong. Looks like a nice shooter you got there.
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredBlackout »

Remote wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:03 pm The never ending wind was mostly not blowing this morning, so I took the new rig to the south 40 for a break in session.

Weaon:
Uintah Precision UP-15 Bolt 10.5" 1/8 upper on a PSA pistol lower with, Velocity #3 drop in trigger, Leupold VX-3 3-9 scope, Magpul 10 round PMAGS, Sico Hybrid on a YHM flash-hider mount 30 Cal end cap

Shooting conditions:
8750 feet ASL
Temp 45F-59F
Light breeze with an occasional gust to 5mph
Range to target: 60 Yards.
Ammunition: Factory Magtech 123 FMJ 30 Rounds, Factory S&B 200 Grain Subsonic 200 Grain FMJ 82 rounds.
Shooting position: tripod (First time with this device, It is nice but not bench rest stable).

Initial Impressions and notes:

The Velocity trigger has a very nice clean single break at what appears to be the advertised setting.
All rounds fed perfectly in a very smooth, consistent manner.
No failures to feed or fire.
The Magtech Ammunition threw a lot of flyers. It had a best 3 shot group of .75@ 60 yards. Most groups had a 1-1-/2" flyer dispersed randomly. I gave up after 30 rounds.
The S&B was more consistent group wise. Best Group of 3 was .75 Best Group of 5 was 1.24 with 2 flyers and three round touching.
The weapon cleaned up nicely and had almost zero copper fouling after 112 rounds.
The S&B subsonic did have 4 rounds of the 82 fired that appeared to be way overcharged. I thought I had a baffle strikes they were so noticeably louder. The grouping POI was not changed with these 4 rounds though.
No signs of over pressure or brass damage what so ever

Conclusions:

I need to break out the chrono. I had it with me, but, was concerned about the wind coming up and blowing it over. The S&B was a blast to shoot (especially at steel) but the apparent overcharged rounds are concerning.
I need to shoot this off a bench as this was the first time with a tripod and It was very nice, but not quite as good as a bench rest.
The weapon is a keeper with a lot of potential with the right ammunition. Somewhere, in a UPS Truck, is an order of Barnes 120 grain TAC-TX, and Hornady 190 Sub EX bullets on it's way to experiment with. 8)

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... 130418.jpg

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... 103646.jpg

Any updates after almost a year ?

I've been looking at one.

Current impressions and thoughts, any issues......?
Only Jesus Christ Saves ! ! !
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Looks nice. I just emailed the company to see if they could make a 300 Ham’R upper.