MAS Defense

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

tcoz
Silent But Deadly

MAS Defense

Post by tcoz »

Hi everybody. Brand new member here and I'd like to ask a question. I'm sourcing a barrel for a budget 16" 300AAC upper build and wonder if anyone has had experience with MAS Defense barrels. Thank you and I'm looking forward to acquiring a lot of knowledge from this forum, especially since this is my first venture into the world of 300AAC.
"Never forget those who have died; Never forget who killed them."
-Unknown
batman4706
Silent But Deadly

Re: MAS Defense

Post by batman4706 »

I have an 8 in 300 blk barrel from them. I like it a lot, they ship very fast also.
ShortBarrelShepherd
Silent But Deadly

Post by ShortBarrelShepherd »

Some of my readers have their 300 BLK barrels and they really like them. No complaints, and the ones I've seen in fight-focused training courses seem accurate enough for the type of intended purpose.

What do you plan on doing with your AR?
Visit my blog about SBRs, PDWs, and fight focused training: www.shortbarrelshepherd.com
lowco

Post by lowco »

I have an 8" pistol with their bbl and I have no complaints either
GT350

Post by GT350 »

I have this one:
http://www.shop.masdefense.com/16-300-A ... 8GHDBL.htm
I am very happy with it. Not exactly match grade, but plenty accurate enough for hunting/home defense duty.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. " -Thomas Jefferson
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

I'm looking at either their 14.5" (pistol gas) or 16" (carbine gas) barrel to rebuild a 5.56 into a match/hunting gun.

Great prices... Following this thread.

JW
Guns are tools designed for dirty work both competitive and defensive. If I meet someone with a well worn gun, I hope their barrel is pointed the same direction as mine if the lead starts flying...
tcoz
Silent But Deadly

Post by tcoz »

GT350 wrote:I have this one:
http://www.shop.masdefense.com/16-300-A ... 8GHDBL.htm
I am very happy with it. Not exactly match grade, but plenty accurate enough for hunting/home defense duty.
I'm looking at that barrel and also the non Govt Profile one. Both selling for the same price although the other one indicates regular price $10 higher. I don't know what would account for the difference except that this one says Chrome Moly Barrel and the other says 4120 Chrome Moly Barrel.

Edit- my mistake. One says its "4142 Hardened Chrome Moly Steel" and the other just says "Hardened Chrome Moly Steel".
Last edited by tcoz on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Unknown
tcoz
Silent But Deadly

Post by tcoz »

ShortBarrelShepherd wrote: What do you plan on doing with your AR?
Range gun up to 300 yds, home defense in addition to my 5.56, maybe some hog hunting....general utility gun.....just for fun.
-Unknown
ShortBarrelShepherd
Silent But Deadly

Post by ShortBarrelShepherd »

tcoz wrote:Range gun up to 300 yds, home defense in addition to my 5.56, maybe some hoghunting....general utility gun.....just for fun.
I am not sure how the barrels will be at 300 yards. I have no information to say one way or the other. Most folks on my blog are shooting 150m or less. Distance in the defensive rifle classes I take is 100m max.

Let us know what you decide!
Visit my blog about SBRs, PDWs, and fight focused training: www.shortbarrelshepherd.com
KTMRacer
Silent But Deadly

Post by KTMRacer »

Yup, in my book they are GTG. I have one of their cheaper 8" barrels and it shoots fine. I plan on trying one of their 5.56 mid lengths soon. Shipping is as fast as I've ever experienced.