cmmg barrels?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

din
Silent Operator

cmmg barrels?

Post by din »

despite really wanting to throw a noveske bbl on my build, I might not be able to afford it if I want to finish it this year. I've heard enough about people sending back wilson barrels due to various issues, and aaron has a huge backlog of orders. so how good are the cmmg barrels, accuracy/quality-wise? looking at 16", carbine gas.
patwa

Re: cmmg barrels?

Post by patwa »

I was in the same situation as you. Once I decided on getting a barrel, I wanted it yesterday. When I called Delta and found out about the wait, I got a CMMG from Midway. I am still trying to work up some loads and have not got serious about shooting for accuracy, but it looks like it should do around MOA or close to it.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

patwa wrote:I was in the same situation as you. Once I decided on getting a barrel, I wanted it yesterday. When I called Delta and found out about the wait, I got a CMMG from Midway. I am still trying to work up some loads and have not got serious about shooting for accuracy, but it looks like it should do around MOA or close to it.

Did you get pistol or carbine length gas port? Please keep us posted on this.
patwa

Post by patwa »

Got the carbine gas port. I posted some of my load trials under handloading.

Where in the Texas Hill country are you? I will be going north of Rocksprings end of next week to try it out on some pigs.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

patwa wrote:Got the carbine gas port. I posted some of my load trials under handloading.

Where in the Texas Hill country are you? I will be going north of Rocksprings end of next week to try it out on some pigs.

I little West of Kerrville, about 1.5 hours from Rocksprings. You planing on some night hunting?
patwa

Post by patwa »

L1A1Rocker wrote:
patwa wrote:Got the carbine gas port. I posted some of my load trials under handloading.

I little West of Kerrville, about 1.5 hours from Rocksprings. You planing on some night hunting?
I seriously doubt that I will stay in the blind at night. The older I get, the less I enjoy staying up. I will get to the blind early and see if I can catch one in the dark, and when I wake up during the night, I will scan the field outside the bedroom. One of the guys was up there and said he got up and the field was full of hogs.

Do you have pigs where you are?
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

patwa wrote: Do you have pigs where you are?

No, no piggies in my area - though there are lots not too far from me. I really need to make an effort to get to know some folks with a pig problem. Have a number of Axis deer though - they're kinda like wild goats around my area.
rat_dogratty

Post by rat_dogratty »

Call Jamie, Aarons distributor. I think he had a couple 16 inch barrels available last week. 479-641-8850

Definitely worth the wait if not...
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

Im sending him 20 more this week. $249.

20 extras that is, just to have in stock.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
opticalc

Post by opticalc »

can anyone comment on the CMMG chart regarding ammo speeds (sonic/subsonic) and gas system lengths?

what negative operation/effects can we expect to experience by using suppresser with supersonic ammo on a 16" barrel with pistol gas length?