New Build - couple Wilson Combat barrel spec questions

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

FartinSpartan

Re: New Build - couple Wilson Combat barrel spec questions

Post by FartinSpartan »

popper wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:05 pm My pistol uses a KAK barrel, works great. It is a 10" 1:8 that I wanted. Their cheapy off-the-shelf model.
NICE! Thanks popper - is this with a Superlative Arms piston conversion kit? Did you use clamp-on or set screw type?
popper wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:05 pm XCaliber is good also.
They do seem to have many fans. I hope Dellet doesn't think I was disrespecting him (I wasn't, Dellet - I appreciate your suggestion!) - he has had good luck with them many times. I just don't always have good luck with stuff and if there is going to be a lemon in the bunch I tend to be the lucky winner... As hard as I try to research stuff I still end up getting bitten sometimes. Like the issue others here have seen with BA barrels and shoulder, where the threads end and you still have some unthreaded length to the shoulder with a bit of a radius right at the shoulder, vs. a nice square cut. Wish I'd seen those discussions, because I bought a BA barrel and if i"m understanding the issue correctly, it looks like I may have it. But will figure something out.

On the good news side I have the piston conversion kit now too, and as the lady at BA told me, the gas port is right where it needs to be, the little fold-out ruler visual reference guide confirms it is between the 2 lines for pistol length.

If you're using a KAK barrel and a superlative arms piston kit, how did it work out with the little ruler that came with the SA kit?

Maybe it would be worthwhile to start a thread for folks to share this barrel info/gas port location info?

Thanks!
popper
Silent But Deadly

Post by popper »

Mine is just DI with adj block.
FartinSpartan

Post by FartinSpartan »

ok, cool.