Anyone have experience with Rosco 16" Bloodline or Purebred?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

FartinSpartan

Anyone have experience with Rosco 16" Bloodline or Purebred?

Post by FartinSpartan »

I'm shopping for a 16" 300 BLK barrel and noticed, FWIW, that Rosco Manufacturing at least markets their 300 BLK barrels that they keep with the original design intentions, and with versatility of kind of ammo they support depending on size.

I have a lot to learn yet but I have at least come to understand that how well a 300 BLK barrel will support use of subsonic suppressed ammo AND supersonic ammo suppressed or unsuppressed has a lot to do with gas pressure. I've also read people say that if you want to make it work well with all 3 of those scenarios, open up your gas port and get an adjustable gas block to dial it down with.

That makes sense. But, not wanting to ascribe too much to what Rosco says about their barrels being versatile. I decided to call them and ask what diameter gas port their 16" barrels have. He said they do not divulge that information over the phone since that is proprietary information, although anybody who buys one could of course measure and find out for themselves.

I'm trying to get an idea of whether I will need to plan on opening up the gas port or not if I bought one of theirs. If chances are high of that, I'd be more interested in a (Purebred line) stainless barrel where I dont have to worry so much about whether the unfinished metal resulting from drilling that port out larger will rust or not.

If I won't have to drill out the port I'd rather get a nitrided (Bloodline) one.

My thoughts are toward a larger gas port I can tame down with a Superlative Arms bleed-off adjustable gas block. I am mainly thinking of a Superlative piston conversion kit on the presumption that despite back pressure from the can etc. and gas stuff venting from the bore/chamber it would probably still be at least somewhat cleaner around the BCG and upper receiver if there isn't so much gas coming back that way.

Anywho, I'm curious what people who have experience with 16" Rosco Manufacturing barrels would say about them. I searched the forum and only found I think 3 matches for "rosco".

PS: I've also seen and heard a lot of...... shtuff over the years that may or may not have any hard data to back it up. So I thought it might be good idea to ask about this barrel.

Thanks!
FartinSpartan
FartinSpartan

Re: Anyone have experience with Rosco 16" Bloodline or Purebred?

Post by FartinSpartan »

OK, will take the silence as a "no" :)
FartinSpartan

Re: Anyone have experience with Rosco 16" Bloodline or Purebred?

Post by FartinSpartan »

Have decided to not continue looking into Rosco 300 Blk barrels at this time.

Someone mentioned here somewhere that the gas block journal should be protected (taped off) during media blasting if the barrel will have a media blasted finish as their stainless models do - this makes sense to me.

From the pictures I've seen on their website, they're not taping off their gas block journals, so they get blasted too.

I'll most likely be going with an X-Caliber barrel so I don't have to worry about the gas port length being "off" for a pistol length Superlative Arms piston kit. (thanks for the advice dellet).