BA, BCM or DD Upper (does it matter)?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Mas Casa

BA, BCM or DD Upper (does it matter)?

Post by Mas Casa »

Gents and Ladies,

I'm considering this 10.3" BA (shorturl.at/sC234), a BCM 12.5" (when they get back in stock) or a Daniel Defense 10.3" for a homestead/hunting (deer and pigs) pistol topped with a Trijicon MRO I have on-hand. The BA and BCM are 1:7" twist and the DD is 1:8". I plan to shoot 110gr TTSX and 150gr Federal Fusion cartridges. For those more experienced, is one a better buy over the others?

Thanks for the help.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: BA, BCM or DD Upper (does it matter)?

Post by dellet »

If all you are shooting is supers, and 95% of the bullets out there for subs, you won’t notice the difference in the twist rate. For supers, unless you are shooting something really heavy, you really don’t need anything faster than 1/10. Even with that you can shoot probably 50 different bullets subsonic.

Of the 3 listed, DD will have the best barrel, unless their quality control has really slipped. BA probably the worst, plenty of people have been happy with them tho.

It would really come down to the other features of the upper. Unless you are really trying to get the best accuracy or longevity from the barrel, you probably won’t notice a huge difference between the three.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.