CMC Drop In Trigger Issues

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

cmax95

CMC Drop In Trigger Issues

Post by cmax95 »

I recently bought a CMC drop in trigger for my Noveske pistol and during a recent range session I had an issue with the trigger not resetting each time after firing. I would have to push the trigger forward to manually reset it. When I opened up the gun there was just a small amount of carbon and oil style sludge on the trigger group. I wiped that off and it functioned fine for another couple rounds before malfunctioning again. Has anyone else used these triggers or had this issue?

I have the same trigger in my 5.56 rifle and haven't had a problem yet.
ReadyAimDuck
Silent But Deadly

Re: CMC Drop In Trigger Issues

Post by ReadyAimDuck »

Stupid question, but are you sure you have the springs oriented properly?
BJK
Silent But Deadly

Post by BJK »

ReadyAimDuck wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:24 am Stupid question, but are you sure you have the springs oriented properly?
I understand why you wrote that, but when trying to diagnose remotely no question is stupid. Yeah, I'm that guy that asks someone if the non-working lamp is plugged in. Anyone asking for help needs to understand that we start at the beginning when diagnosing.
ReadyAimDuck
Silent But Deadly

Post by ReadyAimDuck »

Yep. That, and I have assembled them wrong and found out for myself that they can be installed backwards by accident.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

That's a trigger in a box right, drop in assembly?

If that was when you were shooting the CFE BLK loads, the best thing to do is pull the trigger assembly run it through the dishwasher, then take it outside and hit it with the pressure washer before soaking it over night in lighter fluid and repeating the process until it quits hanging up.

CFE BLK burns that dirty with subs. Worse suppressed because of more back pressure. That's another reason for keeping the park pressure as high as possible with that powder. Or ditching it all together
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ben B. »

About a year or so ago, I had a new CMC trigger start failing to reset pretty early. I tried hosing it vigorously with lighter fluid but that didn’t fix it. I called CMC and sent it back and they had quick turnaround. They were very good to deal with. I have 3-4 CMCs and haven’t had that happen before or since. I can’t remember if it was in a 300 BLK or a .223.
"rjacobs" quote removed at "rjacobs" request.