11 inch barrel and carbine gas

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: 11 inch barrel and carbine gas

Post by dellet »

offsidewing wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:54 pm Ok, there's good news and, based upon how one feels, bad news getting subs to work in my barrel.

Good news: I found a couple different combinations of powder weights and seating depths of subsonic loads using N120 that will consistently BHO on the last shot.

Bad news: they only work with the 762SDN-6 suppressor and not the Trash Panda.

With my current gas port size and smallest diameter silencer, subsonics suppressed work like a charm in carbine gas.

The rabbit hole / pandoras box i find myself staring into is this: do I try to make this work with my sexy Trash Panda? There is far less back pressure with the Trash Panda. The bounds of my experience handloading the last 10 years stop here. I could open up the port slightly, but will I still have the same issue given the volume of the Trash Panda?
It’s just a choice. .005” makes a huge difference so take it slow. I do t think I would jump past .110” right away.
It’s a pain but a lot is learned from the first one. Mine was .125” when I got it so I did not have a choice. I use it with an adjustable block so I know that you can get by with less.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.