Bear Creek Arms upper

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

borderman

Bear Creek Arms upper

Post by borderman »

Seriously thinking about one. No expectations about the 16” barrel, I plan on replacing it fairly immediately. I just want the other few parts to work as they should. Hopefully they are made to military specifications. With the exception of accuracy, any opinions, especially functioning, would be most welcome. It would be mated to a PSA Grendel lower which functions perfectly. My alternative would be a PSA upper but pickings are slim now.
MeGrunt

Re: Bear Creek Arms upper

Post by MeGrunt »

I have a 10.5" 300 Blk upper from Bear Creek. I have no complaints about it at all.
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

I have a 16" 300 BLK upper from Bear Creek. no complaints and it is very accurate.
peace through superior firepower
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

BCA is the retail operation for same folks who make "AR STONER" private label stuff for midway... just a different label on the product.

weather or not that gives you any boost in confidence is a different story :)

hth
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

plant.one wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:43 pm BCA is the retail operation for same folks who make "AR STONER" private label stuff for midway... just a different label on the product.

weather or not that gives you any boost in confidence is a different story :)

hth
Plant, I think AR Stoner is what old Larry can get at a deal. When I built my 6x45 AR the only barrels anywhere except Midway and X caliber. When looking for barrels for a buddy I found the same barrel, with the same proprietary thread pattern on Shilen's website.
It was discontinued. Now I don't know if Shilen farmed this work out, but I kinda doubt it. My AR Stoner barrel shoots, Just not sure every barrel that carries that label and caliber is made by one company. If I'm wrong, correct me, don't need any crappy info out there.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

ya.. im sure they are shopping at a bunch of vendors... i just recall reading a LOT of places listed as their stuff, and the BCA guys are just one of the more recent. i'm sure there are also multiple vendors producing under that private label for the type of product too

i'm also sure the list has changed dramatically over the years, and may well change year to year, or even month to month depending on the situation

i can say this with dramatic certainty - if you watch the BCA availability lists of uppers on their website, and the AR stoner availability lists of uppers... you're going to see a STUNNING correlation of the two on pretty much a weekly basis in length, caliber and style - ie: bca lists a run of 18" 6.5 grendel side chargers with mlock handguards, midway has a bunch of 18" 6.5g sidechargers with mlock handguards under ar stoner, etc etc
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
np205

Post by np205 »

I have a BCA 16" upper and I get under 1" moa 100 yrds. Works for me 😁