Bear Creek Uppers??

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Nordy55

Bear Creek Uppers??

Post by Nordy55 »

Hello does anyone have experience with these?? Toying with the idea of building a shtf gun. Thanks
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Bear Creek Uppers??

Post by smustian »

For a shtf gun do you really want to trust your life to a no name brand? Spend the money and get at least a BCM or higher quality upper. Labor Day is 2 weeks away. Play the sales.
Smbob

Post by Smbob »

Nordy55 wrote:Hello does anyone have experience with these?? Toying with the idea of building a shtf gun. Thanks
I have one. 16" 300 Blackout. It is outstanding! Under $300 and it shoots sub MOA including a premium BCG and charging handle. 100% reliable! Are you kidding me? I only shoot mine supersonic with 110gr-125gr reloads. I would hunt with this rifle anywhere, any place, anytime, as long as the shots were under 200 yards. It shoots fantastic! Can't wait to get it out in the field! Just saying. Get one ASAP! You won't be sorry you did!

Robert
Nordy55

Post by Nordy55 »

Smbob wrote:
Nordy55 wrote:Hello does anyone have experience with these?? Toying with the idea of building a shtf gun. Thanks
I have one. 16" 300 Blackout. It is outstanding! Under $300 and it shoots sub MOA including a premium BCG and charging handle. 100% reliable! Are you kidding me? I only shoot mine supersonic with 110gr-125gr reloads. I would hunt with this rifle anywhere, any place, anytime, as long as the shots were under 200 yards. It shoots fantastic! Can't wait to get it out in the field! Just saying. Get one ASAP! You won't be sorry you did!

Robert
Great news. Thanks will be looking over there page in the coming weeks.
ncbowhnter
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncbowhnter »

I've used several of their lowers, uppers, barrels for builds and I've never had a problem with any of them. Excellent value products
kilibreaux

Post by kilibreaux »

I used a Bear Creek upper with side-action bolt to build a .458 SOCOM that works beautifully!
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

buddy of mine has one in 450 bushmaster... runs like a top, no issues.

i did get an upper from them once that had boogered threads on the receiver extension, but the CS department was very helpful in replacing it.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I wouldn't buy a Moore manufacturing upper if I had to.

Only reason they're now called bear creek arsenal is because everyone caught onto Moore Manufacturing terrible products so they pulled a fast one and changed their name.

Hesse has a better reputation. I urge you to read this link below of the ordeal that my middle son went through earlier this year. They didn't even have the decency or courtesy to reply to my direct emails while all of this was going on.

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.p ... ing.18195/
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
Wanderson

Post by Wanderson »

Both of my .300bo uppers (16” and 8”) are from Palmetto State Armory and run great, no issues. Had the 16” for a few years and has had close to 1k rounds thru it. Lately it gets shot more than my BCM 5.56 upper.

I also just picked up a Bear Creek Arsenal 20” upper in 6.5 Grendel. Looks great, seems to be put together correctly, and cheaper than any of my PSA uppers. We’ll see how it holds up but on the 6.5 Grendel board and AR15.com BCA seems to have a lot of happy owners.

The biggest complaint I’ve heard is with their 7.62x39 uppers having some rust in the barrel. BCA always fires several test rounds and includes the brass with the upper. My guess is they were using surplus Yugo M67 and not cleaning it properly.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Wanderson wrote: BCA always fires several test rounds and includes the brass with the upper.
I'm quite certain they don't. Though I do recall seeing 3 empty steel cases included with the upper.

I can say for sure that there is absolutely no way they fired it through the upper my middle son bought. None whatsoever.

It wouldn't even chamber the empty cases because the chamber was cut wrong.

And the replacement upper they sent, well, it had a 223 bolt in it.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.