IWI abandoning 300BLK?!

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Bravo_Bravo
Silent Operator

IWI abandoning 300BLK?!

Post by Bravo_Bravo »

I have been bugging the owner of my LGS to find me a Tavor X95 in 300BLK.  He hasn't been able to locate one from any of his distributors but told me that it would be a matter of time. Well, I had him check again today and he said there is no more part number for 300BLK! I pulled out my phone and sure enough, I see no reference to 300 BLK in the X95 lineup. No complete bullpup, no conversion kit, nada.

Color me sad. I was very excited at the prospect of a battle ready 300BLK bullpup. I hope this isn't permanent, but I'm worried that it may be. Anyone else heard anything? I am wondering if there were issues in testing or of the business case wasn't good enough.
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Re: IWI abandoning 300BLK?!

Post by A-Game »

You can always contact IWI US and ask WTH man!

I've shot the Tavor and honestly for the price I would rather have the Sig Sauer MCX.
You could also buy the MDI bullpup. They offer several barrel lengths in 300 blackout.

Think about it rationally. BCM 9" full upper on a SBR=5lb gun. 6lb with 3.5x ACOG.

Tavor...8lb, 9lb with acog.

You will spend 1,000 more for a Tavor. And the gun needs that 300.00 trigger because the stock trigger sucks.

I hope that makes you feel better. Marketing is over rated.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
Bravo_Bravo
Silent Operator

Post by Bravo_Bravo »

I haven't shot a Tavor SAR or X95 but have handled both and thoroughly studied feedback from owners of each.

Don't mix up the SAR and the X95. The X95 fixes a lot of the sins of the original SAR. A better trigger and revised magazine release location for those used to AR-15 pattern rifles is a huge plus for me. There are also some advantages to the bullpup that aren't patently obvious, such as the ability to easily shoulder the weapon with the strong hand while having the ability to to open doors with the other. The weight is a disadvantage if you're rucking it, but the Tavors both point very quickly because the weight is biased to the rear, against the shoulder.

As far as the MCX goes, I'm hesitant to spend money on Sigs from NH ever again. The features on the rife do look nice but I'll continue to sit on the sideline. Maybe someday I'll come around.

The MDR is interesting. Unfortunately, their ability to deliver stellar accuracy from a bullpup bolt gun doesn't convince me that they will deliver a dead nuts reliable semi auto bullpup, at least right out of the gate. Sure Desert Tech has nabbed some folks from Sig, but large companies have worked for years to wring out all the issues with semi auto designs. If they get military or police organizations excited enough to do thorough trials then I'll take another look.

I already have a 300BLK pistol with a lightweight optic, it's nice. But the fact that the IDF SOF has switched to the X95 says something to me for sure.
GTO Kroh
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTO Kroh »

Bravo_Bravo
Silent Operator

Post by Bravo_Bravo »

I did see later that the SAR is still available in 300BLK. The X95 in 300BLK however, is no longer on their site. There used to be information about a 300BLK bullpup rifle and mention of a conversion kit.
GTO Kroh
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTO Kroh »

Bravo_Bravo wrote:
I did see later that the SAR is still available in 300BLK. The X95 in 300BLK however, is no longer on their site. There used to be information about a 300BLK bullpup rifle and mention of a conversion kit.
If you pick any one of the x95 and read the details there is still mention of the 300blk where it says optional equipment. I will say it is a few months overdue. And I am about to sell my Sar just due to the fact I'm sick of waiting.

I was going to get an x95 but due to the fact they have more accuracy issues than the Sar I just kept mine.
GTO Kroh
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTO Kroh »

I called IWI today and they are saying it will be out full force first quarter 2017. If we can still own firearms then.
laflaone

Post by laflaone »

GTO Kroh wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:11 pm I called IWI today and they are saying it will be out full force first quarter 2017. If we can still own firearms then.
I know this thread is over 5 yrs old, but I can't resist putting my oar into the water. Please look at my avatar picture. This is my new IWI X95 Tavor in 300 Blk. Have had it about a month. Bought it new online from GunPrime. Love it.