Barrel Suggestion?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly

Re: Barrel Suggestion?

Post by r.tenorio671 »

... FWIW, I've used Ballistic Advantage barrels in 556 (7.5, 10.5, 16), 300BO (8.5, 9, 10.1, 16) and 308 (16) and have been extremely pleased with the performance, durability and craftsmanship. I pretty much use them exclusively now :mrgreen: I've used all the models they offer, "Modern", "Performance" and "Hanson" and the accuracy is essentially the same in all, just a matter of profiles and weight preferences for intended purposes.

...you can't go wrong with the BA's and their pricing is VERY competitive to just about any in the market...

Just a FYI, any of the Aero Precision barrels offered are also BA's, seeing as they are now a subsidiary of Aero.
duckgoose

Post by duckgoose »

Thanks for all of the help folks. Went with the aac. Lets hope it is as good as advertised here.
Thanks again!
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

duckgoose wrote:Thanks for all of the help folks. Went with the aac. Lets hope it is as good as advertised here.
Thanks again!
Did you order the pistol gas or carbine gas barrel?
I have both and from experience, if you bought the pistol length gas barrel I highly recommend running an H3 buffer or using an adjustable gas block for which you will have to dimple the barrel.
Either way you won't be disappointed by their quality, enjoy your new purchase
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
duckgoose

Post by duckgoose »

went with carbine gas. hoping that a carbine buffer will be sufficient as I opted to just go with the included gas block that comes with the barrel. not the end of the world if I have to buy a heavier buffer, just don't have experience doing so. I usually just adjust the gas to make the carbine buffer work.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

duckgoose wrote:went with carbine gas. hoping that a carbine buffer will be sufficient as I opted to just go with the included gas block that comes with the barrel. not the end of the world if I have to buy a heavier buffer, just don't have experience doing so. I usually just adjust the gas to make the carbine buffer work.
With carbine gas, it's designed to work with a carbine buffer. Realistically you would not need an adjustable block unless you really want to fine tune your supers.

I prefer the carbine gas system because it just shoots softer with supers. The only thing you give up is you narrow your powder choices for subs to about four and might not be able to shoot bullets less than 175 grains without some work.

My guess is you'll be happy with it.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
curious sam
Silent But Deadly

Post by curious sam »

I've seen MOA or better out of three AAC uppers, one 9" 1:8. Friend took that off my hands and since then two 12.5" AAC uppers have produced very good results. When everything works properly and you have a good lock up on a SDN-6 I've seen 4" groups out of Barnes black tip with an Aimpoint 3X ar 200. I've yet to shoot those for accuracy without the cans other than a few rounds at zero'ing, but I have been intending to go put them through the paces. I fully expect to see them to shoot an inch or better at 100 if they can do 4" at 200 with a dot and QD can.

I will say that the best results I've seen out of an 300 BLK AR is a 16" Craddock Precision , match stainless barrel @ .750 front to back. I've been very pleased with everything I've seen from that shop.