4 Reasons 300 Blackout Is a Terrible Choice for Home Defense

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: 4 Reasons 300 Blackout Is a Terrible Choice for Home Defense

Post by gds »

his body armor argument is garbage and simply a gotcha point. some plates will stop a 62gr 5.56 penatrator, some will stop .308 winchester/7.62x51.

the point is simply stupid.

If I was to the point of worrying about up armored bad guys entering the house, the M1919 is coming out period.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

rpk47 wrote:A TLDR for those who don't want to read that drivel;

Muh glawk fo'dee is one handed and can hide it more good, plus 300blk cant pen armor. And then other rifle are better cuz cheep ammo, and don't talk to me about muzzle blast in muh howse. And when a full mag isn't enough to stop da lizard ppl invading and you go to reload you load wrong ammo in gun and blow yourself up.

Sorry guys I had to, I almost want to post that on his site.

that actually might be way to clear
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

I didn't go past the "criminals are wearing body armor now". Didn't see the need....
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

DutchV
Silent But Deadly

Post by DutchV »

Like some other so-called gun sites, this guy is just running his mouth to attract clicks on all those advertisements.
Making the bad man go away since 1982.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

gds wrote:his body armor argument is garbage and simply a gotcha point. some plates will stop a 62gr 5.56 penatrator, some will stop .308 winchester/7.62x51.

the point is simply stupid.

If I was to the point of worrying about up armored bad guys entering the house, the M1919 is coming out period.
I thought that was the whole reason for two in the body, one in the head :mrgreen:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
cdynaco
Silent But Deadly

Post by cdynaco »

dellet wrote: I thought that was the whole reason for two in the body, one in the head :mrgreen:
Winner winner chicken dinner!
Charliehorse
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

I would bet good money that this fartknocker would get all wobbly legged talking about a MP5 for home defense and tell you how great it was. Gunwriters- very few have been there or done that. Those that have and cave in to the editors are crap - period.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

actually looking at the article in question and a couple o his other posts, he does knock on pistol caliber carbines in general. but he's definitely anti-blackout as a general statement. his opening line of "but it also isn’t what most of the breathless fanbois are fainting over, either." speaks volumes.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

That statement, in itself, proclaims that he is dickhead, rarely shoots, and still has his momma pay his rent. I would say this if he was crapping on 5.56, 6.8 or whatever. Don't know nuthin'
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

Another aspect that wasn't brought up was when using subsonic rounds for home defesne was the fact your using a rifle not a pistol that is inherently much easier to shoot. You can basically point and shoot a rifle at those distances, where with a pistol you still have to apply a good amount of fundamentals to make hits. So even comparing it as nothing more then a pistol round at sub levels isn't true when looking at the platform they are used in.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne