Totally bummed. (venting)

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ThreeHundredTraveler
Silent But Deadly

Re: Totally bummed. (venting)

Post by ThreeHundredTraveler »

Shall not be infringed, What is it about SHALL you don't understand gubmint?

I will stand by the second, it is a supreme thing. Builds what I wants, bears what I wants, shoots what I wants. Not infringed.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

paberglund wrote:Did WA just ban SBR's?
Quite the opposite.

WA passed a law last year allowing possession of sbrs.

Many form 1s were submitted and approved. Until about 2 weeks ago, when ATF decided to no longer approve the 'making' of an sbr within WA. Because the law says 'acquire'.
paberglund

Post by paberglund »

So you can "acquire" one but not "make" one. That's ridiculous - someone screwed up that bit of legislation wording.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

ThreeHundredTraveler wrote:Shall not be infringed, What is it about SHALL you don't understand gubmint?

I will stand by the second, it is a supreme thing. Builds what I wants, bears what I wants, shoots what I wants. Not infringed.

while i cant agree with the intent of your message more, do you think that if you type it out enough times el-presidente is going to magically wake up and realize "holy shit, i've been totally wrong about this the whole time?" and reverse his course?

cuz i mean.. we get it an all. preaching to the choir and all that.

and while i'm quite confident the NSA is monitoring all the gun boards, i doubt they're forwarding your posts to his royal highness. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

paberglund wrote:So you can "acquire" one but not "make" one. That's ridiculous - someone screwed up that bit of legislation wording.
And now you understand why:
1) Chedr, and his WA state companions are so pissed
2) NFA laws are ridiculous
3) ATF rulings are arbitrary
4) Politicians should not be allowed to pass any laws. And I mean that sincerely. We have enough on the books to convict Mother Terresa and Ghandi of something (figuratively speaking, as both are deceased)
Chedr
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chedr »

paberglund wrote:Did WA just ban SBR's?
No but the law is written so poorly that ATF stopped approving Form 1's on them after approving them for a year.

Suppressor's have been legal in WA. for a while but as of only just recently became legal to put on a gun.

Yup that's right suppressors were legal to own here in the great state of WA............ for use as chess pieces, set em on your porch painted like a corn cob, display them on your dash, play catch with em at the beach, but illegal to put on your gun until recently because of the poor wording of the law's in WA.. ..........................freakin jackwagon goon's!
WalterGA
Silent But Deadly

Post by WalterGA »

Chedr wrote:So I waited and waited to get a trust and file a form 1 SBR and after waiting for 3 months I was included in the bulk denial here in WA. 2 days prior others here were approved. I have no faith or reliance in the whackbasswards official people running the government in this country. I try to do the right things and play by the rules and still get the short end of the stick. I am so depressed and discouraged I want to just sell everything I've worked so hard to acquire and learn about. I ordered a suppressor 6 weeks ago and still haven't seen an approval on the form 3 or a submit for the form 4. Doesn't really matter much because it will probably be outlawed the day before I receive it. Sometimes I wonder why I even try.

Thanks for listening.

Sincerely,

Truly disappointed.
Tough times. Just a suggestion: any money you're contemplating spending on firearms, NFA items, etc., would probably be better spent on psychotherapy and meds!!!! 8)
redheadmechanic0

Post by redheadmechanic0 »

Cheer up man I'm from Massachusetts... SBRs are OK but I can never own a suppressor.... Things can always be worse... 8)
RockyRiver
Silent But Deadly

Post by RockyRiver »

The ATF didnt do this on their own. If you want to blame someone Bob Ferguson, your Attorney General. No doubt he filed a brief to the ATF explaining that according to the law, it was not technically legal according to the wording of the law to build SBR's in Washington. He is right though. The wording of the law is what it is. Your best bet is to become a thorn in the side of your representative.

(2) It is not unlawful for a person to possess, transport, acquire,
or transfer a short-barreled rifle that is legally registered and
possessed, transported, acquired, or transferred in accordance with federal law.

Nothing in there about manufacturing. Remember this is a state that allowed silencers for decades but did not allow you to use them. I always got funny looks at ranges shooting with a silencer. No one ever said a word or arrested me but i did get the look.

Or just buy one.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

So what happens to the ones they allowed to be approved what law do they fall under? Do they even know or is that the point to make it incomprehensible? Crazy to think the guy in front of you is lawful however 2 days go by and now its a felony? So ridiculous!
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne