Drop in Triggers

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Re: Drop in Triggers

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

Chedr wrote:
BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:What's your style of shooting? Build? Reason i ask is, if you are a benchrest target shooter with an adj power optic, you will want a dif style trigger than for an SBR with a red dot for 25yd acquisition at high speed...
Please elaborate.
Chedr, are you wanting explanation as to why i like dif triggers? Im not sure if you're wanting clarification from me or the OP, but here is what i do...
For my SBRs, which i build for a CQB/HD role mostly, precision shots are rarely the norm...in fact, most of mine have the larger 20-30 rd mags for that reason...you don't know how many targets you will be acquiring, you don't know how you will react in that situation (unless trained), and you are more likely to rush a shot when the target is closer/adrenaline is pumping...so i like single-stage triggers with a slightly heavier pull -- for this use, i like a clean-operating MilSpec style trigger...in mine, i have used ALG for most of them...
For longer ranges/target/hunting applications, the actual pull of the trigger can be focused on more readily. With less urgency, more preparation, and time to focus on precision shot placement and proper breathing, i use lower-quantity mags like 10-rounders and a good 2-stage trigger. My favs are Geissele and the RRA NM...
It all comes down to personal preference. This is just how i personally set mine up...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
Badfinger
Silent But Deadly

Post by Badfinger »

You can't go wrong with a Rock River National Match 2-Stage AR-15 Trigger (AR0093NMK) for $99. :idea:
392heminut
Silent But Deadly

Post by 392heminut »

Sithlord wrote: Alg defense. Two kinds:
Quality mil spec trigger (qms)
Advanced combat trigger (act)

The act, paired with jp yellow springs, is a decent, reliable trigger for less than $80. I'm using one in my 9mm sbr...
I have the same setup in two of my rifles and love it!
Chedr
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chedr »

BKZ6 Just wanting knowledge. I use 4.5 and 3.5 single stage drop in in some of my rifles and milspec in a couple of my AR pistols just wondering prefrences and why. I really like the crispness of the drop in's. Are standard milspec triggers single or 2 stage?
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

Buy from primary arms. They have 20% off trigger sales all the time. Memorial Day sales are coming up. Every trigger mentioned is a lot better than the mil spec trigger.

What is the purpose of your rifle? Precision? Fast follow up shots? Hunting? Defense? Law enforcement?

A light, short crisp break, with a shirt reset is what I personally like. Yet my MPW came with the cheapest Geiselle 2 stage trigger. I do not find value in swapping the trigger when it has a good one already. If you are going to buy a trigger buy according to the rifle use.

Alg is owned by Geiselle both companies make excellent triggers.
Timney makes a great trigger too. I have a great 2.5 lb single stage trigger on my Custom Mosin Nagant.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
WalterGA
Silent But Deadly

Post by WalterGA »

Isn't the Select fire trigger only applicable for f.a. NFA rifles?
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

I own a Timney 3lb, Rock River NM, Rock River mil spec, and a Geissele G2S and have shot and used a pof 4.5lb. Out of all those I would say the Geissele or the Rock River NM would be best suited for what you described. And of those two the choice is easy! The G2S is a awesome trigger and will probably be in every build in the future for me. It is cost effective and you can feel the quality in the tool steel and has a predictable smooth trigger pull.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
twstanley

Post by twstanley »

Take a look at cmc triggers from here in Texas, they are a single stage, curved or straight drop in trigger. I have one curved and one straight, and one more to buy so all 3 of my lowers have the same trigger 'feel' and break. They run about $165 retail.

http://www.cmctriggers.com
rb288
Senior Silent Operator

Post by rb288 »

All of my AR's have the CMC flat blade 3.5 lb drop in trigger in them.
That's 1-5.56, 2-300blk, 1-6.5 Grendel, and 1-450bushmaster.
I just like the way they feel and work.
I may have been on the losing side, but, I'm not convinced it was the wrong side.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

Badfinger wrote:You can't go wrong with a Rock River National Match 2-Stage AR-15 Trigger (AR0093NMK) for $99. :idea:
Rock River Arms website has them on sale for $62 right now if you want one. Hellava deal.