Just a brief Introduction and Thank You

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Brother

Just a brief Introduction and Thank You

Post by Brother »

Hello All. My name is Tom, and I live in central Missouri. I am approaching 60 years old. US Army 1985-88 (31C V9). Six kids (one in Heaven), three grand babies (so far).

I recently got a suppressor (Dead Air Wolfman), and have long wondered what is the answer to the question: Compact/Effective for HD/Quiet in the AR? I have read and read here, and, well, you probably know the rest. 300 BLK is the only answer. I put an 8.2" 1/7 twist barrel on my lower (H1 buffer, trying H2 and 3 also, but 1 is running fine), and am just having fun with both subs and supers suppressed (there will be a mag with 30 rds of 110 gr Barnes Tac-TX for the HD job).

Thank you for all of the information here (I cannot thank you enough actually, literally a "decade plus" of hands-on knowledge about this great cartridge available free here, saved me a lot of educational pain). I have been reading page after page for over a week. Much appreciated Gentlemen.

I wish you all an absolutely wonderful Independence Day with your Loved ones. God Bless the USA.

Tom

PS: I tend to read more than write, so you will not "see" me much but I am here.
BJK
Silent But Deadly

Re: Just a brief Introduction and Thank You

Post by BJK »

Welcome to the forum! Very sorry to hear about your child.

I wish you a good Independence Day also Tom!
Mas Casa

Re: Just a brief Introduction and Thank You

Post by Mas Casa »

Welcome, Tom. Thanks for your service. I lurk more than I post too, but I figure God gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason.