Traditions outfitter g3

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Mossyoakman3006

Traditions outfitter g3

Post by Mossyoakman3006 »

So I got one of these rifle cause I’ve always wanted a single shot that was super quite saw this one and thought hey perfect. Anyway get the rifle get it home go to install my 51t aac flash suppressor on it and the threaded portion of the barrel is like a 1/4” to damn long. It threads on and hits the crown long before it comes anywhere close to the shoulder. I’ve got several other rifles with these muzzle devices on them and they’ve all been the same dimensions and work fine. From my understanding the dimension on a threaded barrel are suppose to be a industry standard, am I correct in this idea? I’ll post a pic as soon as I can can remember how to get it on this forum, just wanted to see what you guys thought because traditions customer service is kind of slow to respond and they are telling me that the muzzle device bottoming out on the crown is perfectly fine and that it’s simply a aesthetic problem that I have to deal with. Also that they thread it that way for other silencer make which I have a hard time believing. Thanks
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Re: Traditions outfitter g3

Post by cwlongshot »

Hello MossyMan,
These firearms have been very good performers. I havent owned one but wouldnt hesitate.
As for threading yes industry standard bore concentric is assumption. Id talk to manufacturer for specifics.

I have owned a couple H&R's made for AAC when the cartritage was brandy new. Mine never shot "great" but many folks did. The Henry is another thats attractive being walnut and blued steel.

Good luck with yours!

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS