DDM4 AR-15 Pistol 300 blkout ammo HELP?!?!?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

MikeyB

DDM4 AR-15 Pistol 300 blkout ammo HELP?!?!?

Post by MikeyB »

Just picked up a Daniel Defense the AR -15 DDM4 PDW 300 blackout pistol with the 7 inch barrel. I have it suppressed with a trash panda can. I am really struggling with manufacture and what grain size to buy for home defense/close range hunting. Obviously I’m looking for something subsonic or super I’d rather go sub, or maybe both supers since they’re cheaper for target practice but then subs for actual hunting or home defense . Where I’m having trouble is I’m not sure with this rig what size grain to shoot that has good expanding ability for home defense. Can anybody give any suggestions on this specific gun and their experience with ammo? Again I’m looking for a brand,grain size, and what type of bullet. I think FM Jay’s are out of the question in a home defense situation.I don’t want to shoot in a home defense situation and have a go through six walls and five of my neighbors houses. I’m fairly new to the AR scene as I’ve been a handgun guy for decades. Thank you for any insights and advice
Mas Casa

Re: DDM4 AR-15 Pistol 300 blkout ammo HELP?!?!?

Post by Mas Casa »

First, congratulations on the PDW. This thread may be of some use, if you have not already found it.

https://www.300blktalk.com/forum/viewto ... s#p1008456