Starting new project/build

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Rohyncame

Re: Starting new project/build

Post by Rohyncame »

Hope you will get your barrel done finally! I see you guys here really know these things so I want to ask you for advice: I have my Wilson Combat AR-15 Ranger but I don't have optics for it. A friend of mine seems to be very good at this sort of thing as he's been huntinf for more than 20 years with different guns and ammo(though he used old single barrel shotguns mostly). So he recommended me to check such kind of red dot sights https://tacticsfaq.com/vortex-spitfire- ... urris-332/. How do you think, is they good enough for my barrel?
07Kingpin
Silent Operator

Post by 07Kingpin »

Thanks bud I'm sure it will come in before too long.

You may be better off starting a new thread to answer your question so that people in the know see the subject and can help, good luck.
Rohyncame

Post by Rohyncame »

07Kingpin wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:44 pm Thanks bud I'm sure it will come in before too long.

You may be better off starting a new thread to answer your question so that people in the know see the subject and can help, good luck.
Thank you, will do so
07Kingpin
Silent Operator

Post by 07Kingpin »

Well it took a while but here we are ;)
07Kingpin
Silent Operator

Post by 07Kingpin »

07Kingpin
Silent Operator

Post by 07Kingpin »

Liepa156

Post by Liepa156 »

interesting information
07Kingpin
Silent Operator

Post by 07Kingpin »

Thanks, just starting load development.
07Kingpin
Silent Operator

Post by 07Kingpin »

Was able to run out to the range this morning, a little windy but not terrible. Have tried a few different load combos for sub and super loads so far with varying degrees of success. Cast bullets do ok but will need further exploration. Tried some 190gr Sub-x bullets over CFEBLK for 1020fps, load was stable and accuracy at 100 wasn't terrible-

Have settled (for now) on a super load using 150 Speers and while nothing to write home about accuracy is decent. Holding 3 mils over @ 300-

Will keep working on some cast loads etc but so far pretty happy with the round and the project.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Hard to tell from the photo, looks like mostly horizontal in the spread?
4 shots or 2?

No matter what, for a first outing that would be hard to complain about. For some reason the cartridge does not seem to attract people that want to squeeze the most accuracy out of the cartridge. It’s more than capable of sub MOA groups. I think your time and attention to your rifle and loads shows what can be done with some effort.

Looking forward to the progress.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.