IWI X95 300BLK

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Mas Casa

IWI X95 300BLK

Post by Mas Casa »

Hi all,

I'm still considering between an AR-15 and X95 in 300BLK. I got a good look at an X95 yesterday. In order to have access to the gas block to adjust between supers and subs, it appears an RDS or scope needs to be mounted slightly ahead of the trigger on the Picatinny rail. Where do you folks with X95s mount your optics? How frequently do you switch from supers to subs?

IWI suggests that adjusting the gas is based on supers or subs and not on whether or not the shooter is running a suppressor.

I would prefer to switch between shooting supers (hunting) and subs (defense) unsuppressed and suppressed with as little tinkering as possible.

Thanks for the advice in advance.
BobinNC
Silent But Deadly

Re: IWI X95 300BLK

Post by BobinNC »

Price you pay for a bullpup design. Optics placement any where on the rail with a Red Dot is OK as eye relief is unlimited. I don't see a LPVO as being suitable for a 300 BLK Tavor where you have to constantly have access to the gas block.

An AR15 Platform 300 BLK is more modular, cheaper, parts much easier to come by, easier to modify and repair, and LPVO or Red Dot placement is easy peasy.

In other words your giving up a bunch just to have a bullpup.

IMHO and YMMV
ReadyAimDuck
Silent But Deadly

Post by ReadyAimDuck »

There are many AR15s, and AR15 Barrels, that come from the factory running both subs and supers without adjusting the gas. Lots of 300 barrels come with oversized gas ports and pistol gas systems that are going to get you running both subs and supers without modifying anything. You can fine tweak it with adjustable gas blocks, springs, buffers, etc. to get it to your liking. But, I can tell you from experience that it seems to be pretty common these days that AR15s in 300 are overgassed and there is plenty to run both subs and supers.

I know nothing about the Tavor. I can only lend my 2 cents worth of experience with AR15s in 300 AAC.
Mas Casa

Post by Mas Casa »

Gents,

Thanks for the info and advice. I was leaning toward the AR after I saw the X95 setup.
45r
Silent But Deadly

Post by 45r »

If I could afford the x95 I'd be on it.
No telling how long they will be available.
With a can they might run on the super setting.
I would shoot only subs suppressed through it anyway if I had one.
If I had to set the gas to subs it wouldn't bother me.
Probably run a quick release rds or lpvo.
They'd probably be pretty close to being sighted in after being taken off and on.