Censorship

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Censorship

Post by bearcatrp »

Just a FYI. T Mobile is blocking this site on my iPhone along with other gun web sites. I went into my settings to see why. All things that block is turned off but still blocks gun related sites. Dam dems starting censorship!! Anyone else seeing this crap?
Recoil737
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Censorship

Post by Recoil737 »

Just tried Tmobile on Android and chrome. I was able to get to the site and sign in. The first attempt to sign in did hang for about 1 minute before I tried again and it let me in.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

were you out and about and connected to a commercial wifi hotspot by chance?

i know for example... Meijer (grocery/mass retailer similar to walmart) bans *ALL* firearms related content on their public wifi when you're in the stores. has for years.

lots of places do that.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

Everyone should be using a VPN......
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

No hotspot. Starting to wonder if it’s by cell tower. Am about 45 miles away from home and logged on just fine. Back close to home I can’t get on this site or another gun site I browse.
noname
Silent Operator

Post by noname »

bearcatrp wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:58 pm Just a FYI. T Mobile is blocking this site on my iPhone along with other gun web sites. I went into my settings to see why. All things that block is turned off but still blocks gun related sites. Dam dems starting censorship!! Anyone else seeing this crap?
Would a VPN get you around this? I have looked at VPNs but right now at the point in my live I don't feel the need. I don't download APS in fact delete most of the ones that come on my phone and computer, don't do online banking, don't answer my cell in the car. Retired and leave a boring hillbilly gun toting, Christian life.
Previously known as hardcase. Moved lost internet connection for 1+ years.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

ya a VPN should be a valid work around...

just baffled that it would happen like that

i could contact T-Mobil directly, ask for their support department and see if they can help you sort it out.

it seems wierd that its only on your local tower and not elsewhere...
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Today is no issue. Have talked with others on t mobile and verison seeing sporadic disruptions on looking at certain sites. Could be a test to see how it’s perceived. It’s random currently. None of this crap happened until Biden took office.
Blowout
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blowout »

golfindia wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:45 pm Everyone should be using a VPN......
Since Comcast/Xfinity stopped proving virus protection through Norton (unless you rent their gateway/modum), Norton has a program to get direct virus protection from them cheap during the first year. Through their direct service you can select to use a VPN connection.
300Blk 8.0" pistol with 80% lower