N32C Loads

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Leezie

N32C Loads

Post by Leezie »

Hi Everyone,

I'm a lifelong shooter (well, been home-loading and shooting for the past 35-years or so) but am pretty new to the 300 AAC Blackout.

I recently had a rifle built on a Sako 85 S action, so gas isn’t a problem and I've been experimenting with various home-loads, mainly using Lil Gun.

I live in the UK and Trail Boss isn't available over here.

I was looking to make up some sub-loads for paper-punching, most likely utilising lighter, say 150 - 168 grain pills.

I've just bought a tub of Vihtavuori N32C (which I think is very similar to Tin Star) but can't find any reliable load data on the stuff in 300 AAC Blackout?

Many of the American powders are unavailable over here, whereas I can get hold of VV powders all day long, so VV it has to be! 🙄

Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Lee.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: N32C Loads

Post by dellet »

N32C is Tin Star. Data is hard to find, but not impossible.

It is very close to Trail boss, without the bulk. Load data is close enough to use, but start a bit low and check velocities. It's easy to over load and with being a low density load, easy to get into some really high pressures with heavy bullets.

I have used it and it is clean and quiet, qualities that a lot of subsonic powders don't have

Don't over look N105, N110, N120, all have more published data available and also use 300 Whisper in your searches. I have found more manufacture's data for European powders that way.

Here is a link for easier searching of the site
https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=017035176 ... tl9hapdoi0
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.