Why do you like the 300BLK?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators:gds, bakerjw, renegade

plant.one
Silent But Deadly
Re: Why do you like the 300BLK?

Post by plant.one » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:10 pm

BJK wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:16 pm
Exactly! I never thought I'd like it as much as I do today.
sadly its what kept me away from ar's for so long. bunch of folks who hated the platform because of its early days... and could never look past it.

therefore my perception of what it was capable of was heavily slanted. my only hands on experience was on an older pre-ban colt that only had irons and we never fired good ammo thru it (just mil surp m855 and steel case) so... meh. blaster grade [email protected] that shot like its description implies. didnt leave much of an impression.

and then i finally broke down and got one. and fed it some good ammo and then fed my first batch of reloads thru it and shot possibly one of the best groups of my life with a stock (with added optic) bushmaster 16" ORC. needless to say when i managed to achieve better groups than my bolt 223 ever did with my ar... that one turned into a dust magnet in the safe lol
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.

BulletFlight for Android
Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ben B. » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:49 pm

I still don’t like looking at ARs, preferring wood and steel rifles, but I sure do enjoy shooting them.
"rjacobs" quote removed at "rjacobs" request.

blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:57 pm

my .223/5.56 Mini 14 , AR 15 and 7.62x39 SKS were my hog rifles. I liked the better results with the SKS's bigger ammo. but liked the shooting & accuracy of the Mini & AR better. when I learned how easy the conversion was to a caliber similar to the 7.62x39 was in an AR, I couldn't refuse! I kicked around having one of the Mini 14s re-barreled to 300 BLK but it was more $ than I thought worth. when Ruger finally came out with a 300 BLK Mini 14, I had to get one. for a medium range hog or whitetail cartridge, its hard be beat the 300 BLK.
peace through superior firepower