Ultimate 300BLK bug out ammo

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Silverback

Re: Ultimate 300BLK bug out ammo

Post by Silverback »

I Am just know taking a serious look at the 300. I really so I would be casting my bullets. Funny with 125 grain bullets wouldn't the load put weight be rivilling that of the ak? If then wouldn't that negate some of the benifit of the 300? I need to see what the 110 grain bullets will do.
Heck what about just using the 77 grain 223 or tru bumping it's weight a bit. To me the benifit of the 300 was to take advantage of the lighter weight of ar over ak.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ultimate 300BLK bug out ammo

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

The 300 Blackout IS the most versatile caliber, ever. It is super easy to cast for compared to a 22 bullet. It develops more energy using less powder. It carries that energy much farther than a 5.56. It can use anything from a super lightweight bullet all the way up to a 265+ grain bullet in an AR. It also has the widest bullet selection. But where it really shines is with a silencer.

I consider a silencer a must for anyone who plans on using their gun during a SHTF or bug out situation because nothing says a human is around like a gun shot. There is nothing else quite like it in nature and there are very few things that carry as far as a gun shot. A gun shot will tell anyone within earshot that someone has something worth taking. So along with the proper bullet you also need a silencer. A silencer will let you hunt without alerting people around.

Personally I would get the best bullet for hunting supersonically at the ranges you expect. Then I would get the best bullet for your silencer and that is generally a very, very heavy bullet fired at subsonic velocities. Even the supersonic bullets will benefit from a silencer because even though there is still a supersonic crack the muzzle blast will be disguised.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!