How long will it take?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

armydan

How long will it take?

Post by armydan »

I just dropped 2 form 1's (e file/trust) for a sbr and a suppressor. My January submission was approved in 91 days. February submissions seem to be running 120 ish days. If it keeps trending this way, I'm guessing 9 months. I'm really hoping for a happy Thanksgiving or a kickass Christmas/new year. Any thoughts from the brain trust?
Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter accusations.
rangertrace

Re: How long will it take?

Post by rangertrace »

armydan wrote:I just dropped 2 form 1's (e file/trust) for a sbr and a suppressor. My January submission was approved in 91 days. February submissions seem to be running 120 ish days. If it keeps trending this way, I'm guessing 9 months. I'm really hoping for a happy Thanksgiving or a kickass Christmas/new year. Any thoughts from the brain trust?

120 days is what my dealer estimated...
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

I am past 120 days and still waiting.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

I guess if you're not planning to ever purchase another NFA item then beat the deadline. I'm betting wait times will climb upwards to the 9-12 month timeframe. I'm saving for a few more cans and betting in 6 months the wait time will drop
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

I'm at 159 days on two Form 4s submitted 1/25, 146 for one submitted 2/4 and 20 days for a eForm 1 submitted 6/20.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

I'm sure that the ATF is being slammed due to 41F. Patience while your 'privilege' to keep and bear these arms is 'granted' by the state, once your presumed guilty-ness is proven incorrect.

Keep watching nfatracker.com in the meantime.
rb288
Senior Silent Operator

Post by rb288 »

I am at 135 days for a form 1 sbr, efiled mid Feb.
I have resigned myself that I will get it, when I get it.

I have 4 suppressors out now, stretching from March til yesterday.
I will be looking to, maybe, have the last one around Christmas.

My lgs told me he is seeing form 4's running at least 5 months right now and will probably stretch out another month or 3 over the summer.

Hurry up and wait, the motto of the Government.
I may have been on the losing side, but, I'm not convinced it was the wrong side.
Oldphart

Post by Oldphart »

Sent forms in for stamps for a suppressor and sbr on Jan 4, 2016. Got the suppressor stamp back last week but nothing about the sbr yet! I was ok with the wait, UNTIL, I received the suppressor stamp back, now it's driving me crazy waiting for the sbr...Waiting for it to load for my new 8.5 in 300 blackout barrel. DAM
keith13b
Senior Silent Operator

Post by keith13b »

FYI. Form 1 Paper file - Trust. Went pending 01/12/16 - Approved 06/29/16. Still waiting for the stamp. That's about 5 1/2 months. AT this point I wouldn't clog the phone lines if you are under 6 months. I foresee 8 months in a few weeks as everyone tries to beat 41F.
armydan

Post by armydan »

I have already accepted the fact that i will be waiting a while. I was hoping it would be closer to 6 months. Based on some of the wait times you guys are experiencing, it might be closer to the 9-12 month range. Damn. And to top it off, I just discovered that I entered the serial # for my sbr incorrectly. :twisted: So now i have to submit another and get the original cancelled/refunded.
Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter accusations.