Disapproved!!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Alex Wilson
Silent But Deadly

Re: Disapproved!!

Post by Alex Wilson »

I got denied today too. "Incorrect model"? What the hell. I'm building a 10mm sbr. I put the model
As AR-15 and they denied it. Said it should have been "GLF" or Glock Large Frame. Fucking seriously? I've never heard of a pistol AR refered to as anything but an AR. My blackout is and AR-15. My .450 bushmaster is too.

I don't get this at all. I emailed the supervisor that someone listed in another post. I'm not hopeful here.

I'll make sure to refer to my 10mm SBR as a "GLF" whenever it gets approved.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

like it or not, most of those rules have been in place since before most of us were born - and in some cases before our parents were born. doesnt make it suck any less, but its kind of one of those 'it is what it is' situations - and one thats not likely to change anytime soon.

so just goes to prove - proof read your forms before you submit them and dont cry if YOU screw up and have to get back at the end of the line. its not like they're playing favorites - everyone gets the exact same treatment.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Got denied one my Form 1 a few years back because I put my name in instead of trust name. Many folks hadn't done a form 1 back then and Dolomite Supafly walked me through most of it. Still managed to f it up. Of course then, the new submission was approved in 30 days. The fact that suppressors are regulated this way is ridiculous. I think you should be able to buy them from Ace Hardware for $100. But this is the world we live in.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

rebel wrote: The fact that suppressors are regulated this way is ridiculous. I think you should be able to buy them from Ace Hardware for $100. But this is the world we live in.

i agree completely. i'd love them to be just another thing you can pick up at the counter of wherever. but unfortunately up until a few years ago i couldn't even fill out a form 1 or 4 to get a stamp for one, even though thats federally legal. Michigan was a no-go zone for almost all things NFA related (there were a few AOW things you could do if you knew the laws inside and out)

but like you said, unfortunately this is the world we live in :/
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
AGeozos

Post by AGeozos »

lets all hope and pray this passes https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-con ... -bill/3799. i have my doubts it will, but a guy can dream right?
batman4706
Silent But Deadly

Post by batman4706 »

A lot of people that this has happened to have refiled with the correct information, then emailed the supervisor listed below with both control numbers and and explanation of the error and gotten them approved almost instantly. The bad part is it will take a month or more to get your refund on the original form.

[email protected].
Alex Wilson
Silent But Deadly

Post by Alex Wilson »

batman4706 wrote:A lot of people that this has happened to have refiled with the correct information, then emailed the supervisor listed below with both control numbers and and explanation of the error and gotten them approved almost instantly. The bad part is it will take a month or more to get your refund on the original form.

[email protected]..
That's what I did. Emailed him and asked if he can help me at all. Told him my gun will take almost every part from an AR-15 yet somehow it's not an AR. Let's see what happens.
trabikoenig
Silent Operator

Post by trabikoenig »

batman4706 wrote:A lot of people that this has happened to have refiled with the correct information, then emailed the supervisor listed below with both control numbers and and explanation of the error and gotten them approved almost instantly. The bad part is it will take a month or more to get your refund on the original form.

[email protected]..
Thanks batman, I sent my email this morning to Ted. Here's hoping he can do something. I'll report back here if/when I hear something.
We believe that all men are justified in defending themselves ... from the unlawful assaults and encroachments of all persons in times of exigency - D&C 134:11
trabikoenig
Silent Operator

Post by trabikoenig »

AGeozos wrote:lets all hope and pray this passes https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-con ... -bill/3799. i have my doubts it will, but a guy can dream right?
This would be awesome if it passed, but the skeptic in me says something like this would never pass.
We believe that all men are justified in defending themselves ... from the unlawful assaults and encroachments of all persons in times of exigency - D&C 134:11
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

Alex Wilson wrote:

[email protected]...
That's what I did. Emailed him and asked if he can help me at all. Told him my gun will take almost every part from an AR-15 yet somehow it's not an AR. Let's see what happens.

whats on the lower? is it a standard AR lower with a magwell adapter? if so who was it mfg by? or was it an 80%?