Disapproved!!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

trabikoenig
Silent Operator

Disapproved!!

Post by trabikoenig »

So today I got a lovely email from the ATF, at first I was so excited, this being my first SBR. Well, when I read the words Disapproved my heart sunk. After looking into the reason for disapproval I found that apparently I had made a mistake with the serial number, I left off the letters at the beginning. Okay, my mistake, I get that. What kills me is this sentence:

The disapproved submission cannot be corrected. You will need to do a complete re-submission. Due to the high volume of applications in process the re-submitted eform request will be processed in the order it is received.

Well guess my silencer stamp will be here before this one...

Would it be so hard to just call me or send me an email to get the correct serial number?

Thanks for listening to my little rant.
We believe that all men are justified in defending themselves ... from the unlawful assaults and encroachments of all persons in times of exigency - D&C 134:11
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Re: Disapproved!!

Post by bangbangping »

Ouch.
trabikoenig
Silent Operator

Post by trabikoenig »

I thought I would try a ditch effort and simply call the number and just hope that they might simply fix it. Nope! It was pretty straight forward that I am starting over. At least I get my original $200 back.
We believe that all men are justified in defending themselves ... from the unlawful assaults and encroachments of all persons in times of exigency - D&C 134:11
AGeozos

Post by AGeozos »

That sucks. I hope there's no issues with mine. This will be my first stamp ever so I'm pretty eager to get it.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

Know the feeling well. Yesterday I got the same message. Totally my fault. Had a brain fart and used my name instead of my trust name. Not sure why I did that. The other 3 look OK though. Oh well. The stamp was not a real priority for me anyway. Will resubmit and hope it will come through by Jan '17.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

Wow. Glad I got my form 1 in back already - I had the same issue...

A right delayed is a right denied. I wish someone would take the ATF to court for denying your Right to Bear Arms. I also hope that once 41F goes into affect that the submission rate will not drastically slow down. Show the ATF that the PotG will not be intimidated.
vz58
Silent But Deadly

Re: Disapproved!

Post by vz58 »

Got one of mine back. I "failed to provide manufacturer of receiver" but I did. I machined it out of billet. A quick phone call and it was settled. I realize it might be an unpopular opinion but they did a good job of immediately correcting their error.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

Sithlord wrote:Wow. Glad I got my form 1 in back already - I had the same issue...

A right delayed is a right denied. I wish someone would take the ATF to court for denying your Right to Bear Arms. I also hope that once 41F goes into affect that the submission rate will not drastically slow down. Show the ATF that the PotG will not be intimidated.
ATF didn't deny your right to bear arms. They just turned down your application for being filled out incorrectly. As for being swamped after 4f goes in effect they don't care about that either. Government workers are in no hurry to complete any task. It will just that that much longer for customers to get their stamps.
Last edited by TMD on Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

TMD wrote:
Sithlord wrote:Wow. Glad I got my form 1 in back already - I had the same issue...

ATF didn't deny your right to bear arms. Hey just turned down your application for being filled out incorrectly. As for being swamped after 4f goes in effect they don't care about that either. Government workers are in no hurry to complete any task. It will just that that much longer for customers to get their stamps.
Perhaps you don't know the difference of a RIGHT and a PRIVILEGE.

In the US, a RIGHT is something that requires DUE PROCESS to remove, which requires being found GUILTY in a court of law. A PRIVILEGE is something that you seek permission for.

The NFA, in its entirety, is seeking government permission to bear certain firearms. Regardless of whether it is a Form 1 or a Form 4 or a Form 20. If my shooting range is in a different state, and it takes them 20 days to 'allow me' to cross state lines with something that I legally possess, then that is a Privilege.

By denying an application, for whatever reason, you are being denied a privilege - not a right. I disapprove of having to ask permission to bear arms of my choosing. That doesn't mean that I won't follow the law.

So tell me again why owning a Short Barrel Rifle or a Suppressor is a PRIVILEGE, and not a RIGHT. The idea is the same with 'Constitutional Carry', and 'Open Carry'. Do we need government permission to 'bear' arms? 9th Circuit Court says 'yes'. I disagree.

Cheers.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

Pretty much anything anyone does in this country is regulated in one form or another, to the water you drink, the food you eat, the car you drive and the home you live in. It is what it is and the only recourse is your power to vote. With that being did in not getting suckered into another prepper thread.