RAPR
Silent But Deadly

Re: Hornady LNL AP Ammo Plant Press

Post by RAPR »

thanks RaiderUSMC11. I will check that youtube channel
RaiderUSMC11

Post by RaiderUSMC11 »

your welcome you can all so check out my channel.https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0yRF0 ... KrppB-KsGg if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0yRF0bmPGCeUKrppB-KsGg
gunguy
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gunguy »

Hornady makes some really good bullets, no argument here. There customer service has yet to impress me, case in point my Hornady ninth edition manual load data for...you guessed it 300BLK! That's right the manual had me trim 100 pieces of brass to short. I called them and the guy on the phone had me cross out the wrong info in my manual and enter in the right COAL data, did Hornady replace my brass or my manual?, NO! Sorry but any issues iv'e had with anything RCBS, LEE, or Dillon has been replaced 100% free. I'm glad Hornady has stepped up there game, i'm just not willing to give them another chance. For all you Dillon press haters...your right, they suck that's why they have such a horrible reputation. :lol:
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i can understand not replacing the manual for you - there's a lot of copies out there just like yours.... hand written corrections and all. i'll admit i'm supprised they didnt offer to at least send ya a box of brass though.

everyone i've talked to at hornady has always gone over the top to be helpful.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
gunguy
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gunguy »

Even with the mistakes in the manual it's still my favorite loading book.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

gunguy wrote:Hornady makes some really good bullets, no argument here. There customer service has yet to impress me, case in point my Hornady ninth edition manual load data for...you guessed it 300BLK! That's right the manual had me trim 100 pieces of brass to short. I called them and the guy on the phone had me cross out the wrong info in my manual and enter in the right COAL data, did Hornady replace my brass or my manual?, NO! Sorry but any issues iv'e had with anything RCBS, LEE, or Dillon has been replaced 100% free. I'm glad Hornady has stepped up there game, i'm just not willing to give them another chance. For all you Dillon press haters...your right, they suck that's why they have such a horrible reputation. :lol:

http://m.hornady.com/support/handbook-updates-errata
RaiderUSMC11

Post by RaiderUSMC11 »

gunguy wrote:Hornady makes some really good bullets, no argument here. There customer service has yet to impress me, case in point my Hornady ninth edition manual load data for...you guessed it 300BLK! That's right the manual had me trim 100 pieces of brass to short. I called them and the guy on the phone had me cross out the wrong info in my manual and enter in the right COAL data, did Hornady replace my brass or my manual?, NO! Sorry but any issues iv'e had with anything RCBS, LEE, or Dillon has been replaced 100% free. I'm glad Hornady has stepped up there game, i'm just not willing to give them another chance. For all you Dillon press haters...your right, they suck that's why they have such a horrible reputation. :lol:
There are over 50,000 copies of the Hornady 9th edition out in the market, You expect them to recall every over of those and replace them for free? You are out of your mind they would be bankrupted. They have posted the changes on there website and they will correct the changes in the 10th edition. There are so many rifle and pistol calibers on the market you cant not expect them to get every one of them right, No body is perfect and even with there checks there are going to be mistakes. Foe Hornady customer service I have called three times in the last couple of months with questions about getting spare parts for my Ammo Plant. I was transferred to the parts Dept told the nice guy what i was calling about and he said what spare parts do you want or need. I told him what I wanted and he said OK we have them in stock I will have them pulled and packed up and sent out to you today. I only asked for the case retention spring, the primer shuttle spring and a larger and small primer punch. the guy sent me those items along with a large and small primer shuttle, another set of v blocks and a Hornady t shirt. The cost for all of the parts and the shirt ( that I did not ask for) $0.00 that right nothing. I asked the guy how much I owed for the spare parts he said nothing,I had my credit card in my hand ready to pay. My neighbor with the high priced Dillon is still waiting on them to send him the part he needs to fix it so he can get back to reloading, He has been waiting on them to send it for about 2 weeks. I have never had any problems with Hornady customer service Of course I am a Hornady team mailing list. I love my Hornady LNL ammo Plant and i have never had any problems with it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0yRF0bmPGCeUKrppB-KsGg
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

BS No ones fault but your own if you trimmed them too short. If you had followed the book you would have trimmed them at 1.390". No wonder the guy laughed at you when you asked for new brass :lol:

Unless you can post a picture of your edition that shows a trim length of less than 1.348, the mistake was yours. :oops:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
IMGrunt
Silent But Deadly

Post by IMGrunt »

New recipe...at least two sources and preferably 3 - 4. Proper planning prevents piss poor performance. For Razor...do yourself a favor and read your posts before you hit send. Your posts, past and present, make my head hurt.
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." -- Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army
gunguy
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gunguy »

dellet wrote:
BS No ones fault but your own if you trimmed them too short. If you had followed the book you would have trimmed them at 1.390". No wonder the guy laughed at you when you asked for new brass :lol:

Unless you can post a picture of your edition that shows a trim length of less than 1.348, the mistake was yours. :oops:
It's my fault for following the manual? Really?? Come on, and I didn't ask for my brass to be replaced, no they should have offered. As far as them recalling all the manuals, I never said they should. What they should do is have a sticker that goes on top of the shit they misprinted.