300 blackout load for suppressor, whats the quietest powder?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300 blackout load for suppressor, whats the quietest powder?

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

emerson wrote:5744 has the lowest sound signature with heavy bullets and a suppressor.
Now I would like to hear the details because there are way too many variables for that to be fact.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:
emerson wrote:5744 has the lowest sound signature with heavy bullets and a suppressor.
Now I would like to hear the details because there are way too many variables for that to be fact.
I have to agree with Dolomite.

One of the loudest powders in my Short barrel, is by far the quietest in my 18" barrel. What is quietest in my short barrel, goes super, or won't cycle in the long barrel.

Then if you are not talking about an AR, there are powders that are so quiet I can hear the firing pin spring vibrate in my bolt action.

None of those would be 5744.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
emerson
Silent Operator

Post by emerson »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:
We did extensive testing with sound equipment several years ago and 5744 came out the quietest in the AR platform with 8" or 16" barrels.

If you want to argue that in (x) combination that powder XXX is quieter.......OK, I am not going to get into some internet forum dispute about it.

Use whichever powder you want. It matters not to me.
On Target Ammunition