Favorite Slings?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Jbhurley

Favorite Slings?

Post by Jbhurley »

On an old build I have an old Blackhawk 3 point sling. I know there no in vogue but it has always worked well for me. That being said I am finishing up my new 300 blk sbr (currently a pistol... :roll: ) and am considering a single point sling mostly because it should be lighter and less bulk for this low weight build.

So what are your favorite slings? Give me some ideas. :P
AAC Eco 9
AAC M4-1000
SiCo Omega
Multi-Cal SBR

"What worries me is not the younger generation's rebelliousness in petty matters, but their tameness in great matters." Albert Jay Nock
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Re: Favorite Slings?

Post by Sharkbite »

I like the Magpul for its versatility, single point to 2 point in a flash.

The Vickers/blue force sling is a great 2 point only.

Both have minimal bulk and work well
tfbit
Silent But Deadly

Post by tfbit »

I also like the Vickers/Blue Force CAS slings.
No matter what you read on the intarweb CCI450s and CCI41s ARE NOT BALLISTICALLY IDENTICAL with H110! I'm also not a intarweb lawyer so I don't argue with anyone who is.
Jbhurley

Post by Jbhurley »

Thanks, guys. I have been eyeing the Magpul but wasn't sure if there was something better that people liked.
AAC Eco 9
AAC M4-1000
SiCo Omega
Multi-Cal SBR

"What worries me is not the younger generation's rebelliousness in petty matters, but their tameness in great matters." Albert Jay Nock
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

I like the one's my wife is making for me to sell. ( I have to :lol: ) Here is a cool one she just made for my SBR.
She has just started into this and is having fun. Any ideas guys have would be apprecieated. This one is daul point with a snap hook on the rear. I like the little skulls she got just for me :twisted:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
farm use
Silent But Deadly

Post by farm use »

I really like the magpul M3, I like going from a 2 point to a single quickly or vise versa. I have a couple of them and never been let down. But rebels is pretty sweet to.
svh
Silent But Deadly

Post by svh »

I dig the M3 as well. Got one a few months ago, and love it.
Cheech, my best friend of 16 years, RIP.
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

rebel wrote:I like the one's my wife is making for me to sell. ( I have to :lol: ) Here is a cool one she just made for my SBR.
She has just started into this and is having fun. Any ideas guys have would be apprecieated. This one is daul point with a snap hook on the rear. I like the little skulls she got just for me :twisted:
I know that you have little to no choice as to whether or not you like it, but paracord slings are a poor choice.
Sure, in a survival situation you have like 300 yards of 550 cord to use on your new survival mansion in the woods, but using it as a sling is uncomfortable.
If you absolutely want to use 550 cord for a sling, use a different knot that doesn't create all those hard pressure points that will dig into you with every step.

The Ashley Book of Knots (ABOK) is the undisputed encyclopedia of knots. http://www.amazon.com/The-Ashley-Book-K ... 0385040253
(Knots are actually referred to by their ABOK Number.)
It is a large format book that I browse through whenever I'm trying to get inspired on a project.
It would also make a great gift if she is interested in knot tying.
(Don't be cheap, drop the $55 on the hardcover.)
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Hmm....I check that out Phil. In hunting I usually carry my rifle and only sling it to do something else. For a heavy gun, like a varmint rifle, I would have to agree that the lack of padding would let the 550 dig into you. As she gets better at it, perhaps she can incorporate some padding and try different knots. I am just happy she feels involved in my business in some way. 8) I did see some guys with 550 slings at the groundhog shoot last year. Those rifles weigh a bunch, but the guys had stiffened them and made them very wide. I'll pay a bit more attention next April.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

I started using the vtac padded sling couple years ago now. I liked the simplicity and the quick adjustable cam buckle on it. However I noticed that it is often getting twisted up when using it on the job. When It gets twisted up the cam buckle seems to be always facing my body and isn't quickly accessible like it should be. I started using the magpul ms4 sling and I think it's the best sling I have used so far. Still fairly simple but the sliding type adjustment is much better then the vtac for everyday use. Another feature is that the ms4 can by made into single point sling in seconds via QD mounts.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne