Single or 2 pt sling

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Harlequin1138
Silent Operator

Re: Single or 2 pt sling

Post by Harlequin1138 »

Thanks for all the input, guess 2 pt sling it is since it will primarily be for hunting and maybe the occasional carbine course
.45 because shooting twice is just silly.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

in my expierence... carrying a scoped ar while hunting is... uncomfortable at best. with the shape of the magwell and such they just dont sling carry nearly as comfortably as a "traditional" hunting rifle does.

last season i switched to a single point, and it was much better walking in/out of my stand and while helping track. it bounces around a bit more, but it allowed me to be able to carry with the sling holding most of the rifle weight and all i did was stabilize it, but it was still ready if an opportunistic shot would have presented itself.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
tXr
Silent But Deadly

Post by tXr »

I primarily use a MS4 QD in a single point config while still hunting and stalking, then I use it in a 2 point config when covering ground.

The single point is awesome in the tree stand for the added security and not having to retrieve the rifle after falling 20 feet to the rocks below.......

The MS4 rocks in that it can be utilized in both configs easily.
The only trustworthy Bolshevik is the Bolshevik taking a dirt nap