Cheapest Self Defense/Hunting 300blk Ammo

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

lilshaunsdad

Re: Cheapest Self Defense/Hunting 300blk Ammo

Post by lilshaunsdad »

Speer tnts are a good all around projectile.
RockyRiver
Silent But Deadly

Post by RockyRiver »

dellet wrote:Please post a pic of the primers, that is a sign of very high pressure. If you have calipers measure the base of a fired and unfired round, see how much they grew expanded.

I get the same thing out of the 110 grain Nossler. FWIW they do not sell them as blems. They are sold as contract overruns and with the military veterans discount are under $12 a box. They are a high pressure load. Flat primers and stretched cases. Just something to look out for at reload time. Trim them up and they reload fine. In any case they move out of a 8 1/2" barrel at 2300 FPS and 2400+ out of a 16" barrel. I would not hesitate to use them as a self defense round.
TX Sapper
Senior Silent Operator

Post by TX Sapper »

N2130N wrote:I ran across a local place selling Jamison 150 grain spoft point boatails (I think they're Sierras) for $16 a box. That's about the cheapest off the shelf expanding super I've personally seen. My Mini likes them & overall they seem to be very high quality.
I have yet to see a 150gr expand out of the blackout. Please post your results with perspective loads, it would be very interesting.

Sapper