Copper fouling with reloads?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

hyrulejedi86
Silent Operator

Re: Copper fouling with reloads?

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

The palmetto projectiles are hytec coated but I'm using the copper plated extreme 150 gr when I had the problems. I just figure based on the shape of the bullet being similar to the 203 palmettos I might need to seat them deeper as others had problems with the 203s not going completely into battery similar to what my 150s were doing.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

what we're trying to say is that a plated or coated bullet wont wear down the burr.

you need something properly jacketed, preferably heavy jacketed.

the extreme, palmetto's, etc are just too soft to achieve the kind of wear you're trying to induce to fix your issue.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
hyrulejedi86
Silent Operator

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

Sorry, I just didn't want some one to think I was using the palmettos because I mentioned them. I have some FMJs on order scheduled to arrive Saturday and am planning on picking up some 110 or 125 gr FMJ in a week.

On a super positive note, I got the call from my dealer! My Saker 762 and Spectre II stamp arrived yesterday! WooHoo!
hyrulejedi86
Silent Operator

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

Yesterday I received my order of Nosler 190gr Blems for reloading some FMJ subs and I'll tell you what, they are nice. Easy to load and feed well so far. I can't wait to try then with my new saker! After a few hundred hopefully that burr will be gone. I'm picking up some 110gr too next weekend to run through also.