AAC will be Remington Accessories?!

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

AAC will be Remington Accessories?!

Post by rimshaker »

Sad to see things just keep getting worse every year at AAC. All the familiar high profile names are now gone.

Seems like AAC had to sacrifice itself as a company for the 300 BLK cartridge to exist. Was it worth it?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/1 ... -quit-aac/
300Blk
Site Admin

Re: AAC will be Remington Accessories?!

Post by 300Blk »

There is no Blackout connection to anything. AAC was already owned by Remington when 300 BLK was started.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Remington bought out AAC in 2009. And the SAAMI approval was just Jan 2011.

Didn't the R&D and rollout plans for 300 BLK occur in those same timeframes? Even before 2009.

It would've been near impossible to bring out a new caliber into the mainstream without a big player like Remington.

Just seems that AAC needed Remington (unfortunately), but not the other way around.

Don't mean to ruffle any feathers... it's just sad to see AAC go away, at least as we used to know them.
Not to mention the support/warranty concerns of AAC customers out there. And supporters of 300 BLK in general.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

AAC was already owned by Remington when BLK was started, so the decision to sell AAC to Remington had nothing to do with BLK.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

rimshaker wrote:Sad to see things just keep getting worse every year at AAC. All the familiar high profile names are now gone.
Hey. I hope I count as a high profile name. I didn't leave. I will state flat out that it is not true, and that AAC is not going away as a brand. It will be obvious at the Shot Show.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Robert who ? :mrgreen: Hey I love my AAC Cyclone, but if the quality is the same you can call it R.S's really cool stuff and I will buy it.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

I like the idea...rsreallycoolstuff.com is still available...im just sayin...and on a more serious note, i hope that AACs customer service and quality products dont get "diluted" by Remington...they need to realize that AAC is a major draw for the Freedom Group, and that there are tons of people that love the Advanced Armament flag, and it should be a FOCUS of Remington to give AAC plenty of space and assets to improve and increase products...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Is there any chance that one of the new "Remington Accessories" will be the CHEAP PLINKING AMMO :lol:

I'll crawl back under my bridge now :oops:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
RickLafayette

Post by RickLafayette »

I am a newcomer to this sight having recently converted my AR to 300 AAC BLK and purchasing several hundred dollars worth of caliber specific reloading and case forming equipment to add to my reloading shop. I have since fired close to 2K rds. and am really enjoying my new toy. My question is, Is this forum related or connected to Advanced Armament Corp?
Also, are the MPW's made for AAC by Knight's Armament?
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

KAC makes the handguard only. AAC makes the rifles.

This forum is owned by me, and I am an employee.