Guns make the situation more dangerous.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Guns make the situation more dangerous.

Post by randyrucker »

This is an excerpt from the main article I read this morning:

Let’s be clear: guns do not make you safer. Adding guns to a situation makes it more dangerous nine times out of ten. Thank goodness Coleman was smart enough to simply hand his gun over instead of escalating it into a firefight on the street where someone could have been hurt.

You need to buy a gun to feel strong? Go ahead. But take it home, lock it in a box, and keep it there until you take it to the range to play cops and robbers with a paper target. Don’t leave it out for your kids to find it and shoot themselves with. Don’t clean it on the kitchen counter where you’ll forget that you left a round in and shoot yourself or someone else. Don’t carry it on your hip into Target and think you’re the Punisher. You aren’t. And someone — possibly you or someone you love — is going to end up getting hurt.

H/T: KOIN6

Jesse Berney is a BNR contributing editor, as well as a speechwriter and stand-up comedian in Washington, DC. Follow him on Twitter: @jesseberney

It's somewhat amusing the mentality some folks have towards defending yourself with a weapon. This guy thinks you should just give up and let the bad guy do whatever he wants because someone might get hurt if you try to fight back.
hunter2
Silent But Deadly

Re: Guns make the situation more dangerous.

Post by hunter2 »

We have been protecting stupid people for so long ( i.e. coffee is hot, do not fold stroller until baby is removed, etc...) they are starting to breed!
tXr
Silent But Deadly

Post by tXr »

hunter2 wrote:We have been protecting stupid people for so long ( i.e. coffee is hot, do not fold stroller until baby is removed, etc...) they are starting to breed!
By not allowing mother nature to thin the herd of mental midgets and those devoid of common sense when they are young, we are allowing the contamination and degradation of the human genome.......LOL
The only trustworthy Bolshevik is the Bolshevik taking a dirt nap
walnutz
Silent But Deadly

Post by walnutz »

He may change his mind one of these days when he is confronted by a bad guy with a gun.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

tXr wrote:
hunter2 wrote:We have been protecting stupid people for so long ( i.e. coffee is hot, do not fold stroller until baby is removed, etc...) they are starting to breed!
By not allowing mother nature to thin the herd of mental midgets and those devoid of common sense when they are young, we are allowing the contamination and degradation of the human genome.......LOL
Not LOL at all.

Idiocracy is a horror film.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
takiniteasy88
Silent But Deadly

Post by takiniteasy88 »

This guy has no idea! Ever since that guy got killed in WalMart trying to do the right, I have done some ninja inter-web surfing trying to see how often the good samaritan makes the situating worse. So far most of my findings show the bad guys run at the first sign of resistance! They even through their own in harms way to save themselves, it is every turd for himself.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

I'm with the Darwinian crowd here...we have become a society that feels the need to protect people from their own responsibilities of making decisions...thin the gene pool...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

Maybe if he is tied up, robbed, pistol whipped and then made to watch his wife and daughter raped he would reconsider handing over his gun.
Piep
Silent But Deadly

Post by Piep »

This country doesn't fix stupid, it puts it in charge.
There's a time for compromise. It's called later.

Politically Correct;
A term used for Whiny, overly sensitive Pansies
who need everything Sugar- Coated for them.
mrgein
Silent But Deadly

Post by mrgein »

smustian wrote:Maybe if he is tied up, robbed, pistol whipped and then made to watch his wife and daughter raped he would reconsider handing over his gun.
actually that is EXACTLY what it would take. i had the exact same conversion with my mother "Mom, how many people do you know or how many times have you suffered in any way by the hands of another person? be that rape, robbery, home invasion, mugging, or anything even remotely close to those?" her answer of course is "no". but this is where their brains fail them. they actually think since it hasn't ever happened to anyone they know, then it must not ever happen in real life. As to which i replied, "well then you have been very fortunate haven't you? Then how dare you tell someone else they don't deserve to protect themselves"
to her credit, about 3 weeks later the story of a home invasion and a citizen stopping that intruder with a firearm and people complaining that the person should have just called the police, her response was " the police are not body guards". TOTAL WIN!!!!!
When you encounter these people, the first thing you should do is probe their background. Most likely they live in a gated community and have never had to worry about anything other than bills. My mother is one of those. But she gets to have it both ways(the tell-tell sign of a liberal) because my dad will ALWAYS have a gun in the house.
dillon 650xl
AAC 16" upper
AAC NiB full auto BCG
Raptor CH
KAC URX3.1 13.5"
Ambush lower
Geissele SSA trigger
Savvy Sniper Quad Dual QD sling
IMR 4227
Hornady Custom Dies