muzzle device for a 300 pistol upper...what's everyone like

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

cundiff5535

Re: muzzle device for a 300 pistol upper...what's everyone like

Post by cundiff5535 »

BTW, this will be a bag gun.. something to throw in a backpack etc and go:0!
Ram Rod
Silent Operator

Post by Ram Rod »

As like flash suppressor or muzzle brake?
I did a lot of research on a lot of both myself before I even have my 300BLK pistol in hand. I ended up buying a Seekins Precision three prong flash suppressor that does not need a crush washer or timed. I guess it could also double as a bayonet of sorts. $55 straight from the factory.
http://www.seekinsprecision.com/flash-hider.html
Sans Remords
Steve Urquell
Silent But Deadly

Post by Steve Urquell »

Ram Rod wrote:As like flash suppressor or muzzle brake?
I did a lot of research on a lot of both myself before I even have my 300BLK pistol in hand. I ended up buying a Seekins Precision three prong flash suppressor that does not need a crush washer or timed. I guess it could also double as a bayonet of sorts. $55 straight from the factory.
http://www.seekinsprecision.com/flash-hider.html
Rod, they're talking about a cup-type brake to direct sound and blast forward and away from the shooter. The open sided types will hammer bystanders at the range and make it unpleasant to be around when firing. I shoot from inside my garage and my buddy's .223 brake is vicious and will ring your ears with plugs in. Like the one linked earlier in this thread.

Where you located in Arkansas?
avant4me
Silent Operator

Post by avant4me »

I wish someone would do a study on the recoil reduction and actual affects of the various 300 blkout muzzle devices like was done for the 556
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Re: muzzle device for a 300 pistol upper...what's everyone l

Post by bangbangping »

mrgein wrote:a suppressor... would also help reducing FPS to help with wall pass through.
Actually, a suppressor will increase velocity. I'm seeing about 30 FPS increase with subs in my SBR.
r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly

Post by r.tenorio671 »

...."home invasion" infers they are already inside our residence... freedom of choice allows you to use whatever is "legally obtainable" in your individual locales, BUT......

...my preference is based on what I can maneuver best with between hardpoints and/or concealing structures/objects within the floor plan of my abode. At the typical residence interior distances, I feel my handgun provides me the best option to stop an intruder(s) and minimize flash, sound and over penetration potential....
Ram Rod
Silent Operator

Post by Ram Rod »

Radical Firearms SpitFire 7.62 Muzzle Device? They are like $99.95 On Sale right now. I might actually think about this once I finally get my pistol!

Sans Remords
bulldogwrestlr

Post by bulldogwrestlr »

anyone familiar with Ares EFFIN-A Compensator? I like the idea that its "tunable"

http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/AA-EFFINACAK
68Guy
Silent But Deadly

Post by 68Guy »

Uh I would say a suppressor 8) After all, you DID say you wanted to be able to shoot it indoors and well, a suppressor takes care of that problem AND kills the muzzle flash so win-win. And of course, the 300BLK was designed around the ability to be suppressed.
Retired USAFR, NRA Life Member, NSSF, IDPA Range Safety Officer, GSSF member. Multiple ARs including 5.56 M4, 6.8 SPC II and suppressed 300BLK 8" SBR.
Doc68
Silent But Deadly

Post by Doc68 »

Checkmate comp by strike industries on my 5.56 and Kak flash can on my 300BO. Love them both and they don't break the bank!