Announcing - the new 300 BLK UMC - 120 grain.

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

steve franklin
Silent But Deadly

Re: Announcing - the new 300 BLK UMC - 120 grain.

Post by steve franklin »

Perhaps Remington realizes that most who shoot the 300BO are re-loaders and can produce the round for under $.50, they decided the demand isn't there.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

If they made that decision, then Wester Powders would pick up the slack in A1680...not that i KNOW industry execs talk about this stuff, but when you buy a Freedom Group weapon in 300 BLK, it lists A1680 as the powder for subs...so there has to be SOME communication there...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
ARHuman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by ARHuman »

Recently bought a Remington 750 Woodsmaster in .35 Whelen to reload for. Starting to get the hang of the appeal of these Remington wildcat orphans.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

RDA wrote:
700PSS wrote:Barnes really shines. 8) They are a real, stand-up business. It is a pleasure to associate with them in any way I can. (Please don't tell Remington, though. I don't want Barnes to be ruined the way the other FG companies have been.)

As for Cromwell's...I would not do business with someone that treats people the way they have. Even though their concession offer was still a relatively competitive price, I don't play ball with cheaters. :x
Are they really "cheaters" based on the information that was posted? I'd say it was an honest mistake that was driven by their on-line system.
"Cheaters", based on my "ball game" example. We all make "mistakes". We don't all get to escape responsibility and liability for them. They are responsible for what they represent on their website. They have a responsibility to make good on their representation, not deny that responsibility.

Relying on Cromwell’s misrepresentation has cost many people the opportunity to obtain the product elsewhere at this time.
"Common sense should be rebranded as uncommon practical knowledge of things you should know.”-nolwark76
Scardog7

Post by Scardog7 »

FormerNavy wrote:
I would agree... except that in all fairness, Cromwells did give folks who placed orders the option to buy at $16.50/box. If you cancelled like I did, then missed out elsewhere I don't see that as their fault.
This is the position that I take, as well. I got the call, too, this morning. While I had hoped to get the listed price, there was plenty of speculation that it might be too good to be true. They made a mistake. Grow up and let it go. As much as I am enjoying this caliber, it seems to invite a lot of whiners.
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sharkbite »

Scardog7 wrote:
FormerNavy wrote:
I would agree... except that in all fairness, Cromwells did give folks who placed orders the option to buy at $16.50/box. If you cancelled like I did, then missed out elsewhere I don't see that as their fault.
This is the position that I take, as well. I got the call, too, this morning. While I had hoped to get the listed price, there was plenty of speculation that it might be too good to be true. They made a mistake. Grow up and let it go. As much as I am enjoying this caliber, it seems to invite a lot of whiners.
Could not have said it better :roll:
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

700PSS wrote:
RDA wrote:
700PSS wrote:Barnes really shines. 8) They are a real, stand-up business. It is a pleasure to associate with them in any way I can. (Please don't tell Remington, though. I don't want Barnes to be ruined the way the other FG companies have been.)

As for Cromwell's...I would not do business with someone that treats people the way they have. Even though their concession offer was still a relatively competitive price, I don't play ball with cheaters. :x
Are they really "cheaters" based on the information that was posted? I'd say it was an honest mistake that was driven by their on-line system.
"Cheaters", based on my "ball game" example. We all make "mistakes". We don't all get to escape responsibility and liability for them. They are responsible for what they represent on their website. They have a responsibility to make good on their representation, not deny that responsibility.

Relying on Cromwell’s misrepresentation has cost many people the opportunity to obtain the product elsewhere at this time.
Ball game example?

Anyway, cheating implies that Cromwell's acted maliciously, that they were out swindle, defraud, deceive. I don't see any evidence of that personally. Were mistakes made? Sure, but were they trying to defraud? If so, I haven't seen evidence of that yet.
r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly

Post by r.tenorio671 »

...time to let it go folks and move on, IMHO. Find the lesson learned in it and file that for future reference. Ranting might make you feel a little better for the moment, but doesn't change anything... can't "miss" something you never had before and still don't have today. Me, I'd rather use that energy for something I can get and put to use while I'm still living, life is too short and can go "poof" at any time :shock: ....Afghanistan really put that into perspective :cry:
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

:mrgreen:
"Common sense should be rebranded as uncommon practical knowledge of things you should know.”-nolwark76
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

Well it LOOKS pretty...hows it shoot?
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".